Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has 2 years after this one left in him as a star player I’m predicting. Utd will be paying him stupid money for the next 5 years and generally increase the squad wage bill astronomically in years to come. Took us years to put right overpaying for average players and get them out. Hope they know what they’re doing hahaha

I don't chalk that up as a 'fail' at all. It would be a fail imo if we paid that much for him, a huge, comical one.

But at least it is likely a fact: that he is signing elsewhere. If people want to argue that we should have paid more for him, that's an opinion based on fact.

So many people have just made up a narrative that we just sat around & if we'd tried a bit harder, would probably have signed him. Some even calling it 'arrogance'.

The chances of that being true, are so small as to be ridiculous, we would not just 'sit around' unless we didn't want him & any club can speak to him or his agent, once Arsenal are open to bids. The word being 'bids' they are going to invite them & he can't leave, unless they accept one.

If his agent then does a deal with another club for more money, we either outbid them or refuse. We rightly, refused.

But there was no chance Arsenal were just going to accept our bid, even if it was more than 20 mil, without allowing others to talk to him.

It has always been down to the player & his agent (I still recon this is driven by the agents, in both cases, not the players).

If we paid what? The numbers the Rags seem to be committing to are plain daft. Another 20m in the summer probably would not have been daft if it had got the job done.

As Damo pointed out, this is a player we have coveted for years and we have failed at each point to acquire his registration. We have failed to sign a longtime target and I think it is likely therefore that some lessons are there for the club to learn. I don't think arrogance is an issue on City's part or lack of action.

He has 2 years after this one left in him as a star player I’m predicting. Utd will be paying him stupid money for the next 5 years and generally increase the squad wage bill astronomically in years to come. Took us years to put right overpaying for average players and get them out. Hope they know what they’re doing hahaha
A lot of people seem to think this I am far from sure. If he is instrumental in turning the Rags season around it will be looked upon as a major coup. Ifwe start to struggle in the next few months it will be viewed as a major reason why. The wages/tax involved will be meaningless and totally overshadowed by events on the pitch. The City board have made a major decision and only time will tell us if it was the right one.

60 goals in 122 games is a good tally in the league. He has declined somewhat this season with 8 goals in 21 so hopefully this is an indication that he has lost some of his abilities.

would be funny if they have the most expensive striker, most expensive midfielder, highest paid footballer in the league and still come short. Hopefully they get 4th and lose out on CL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.