FC United Thread

Great post.
I followed the formation of FCUM closely at the start as I knew a handful of those involved from my days on the FSF committee.
I felt at the time and still do now that the club had a chance to create something unique and missed it. They should have started.a club that would form its own identity. Completely breakaway from United and go it alone. No association by name, colours or badge. A stand alone club accessible and welcoming to all.
By being a completely individual club they could have attracted fans from different clubs priced out of watching a league club and also attract support from newcomers to Manchester who want some footy action but not with City or United.
The club claims to be a "community club" yet it instantly alienated itself from potentially half of its community by being a United tribute act.

the links to big brother is what will kill FCUM they will all go back and many do now so why lock the doors to individuals. your spot on matey the chance for another manchester club with no ties to city or united would have been better for investment and the city council. people would have open there hands to a football club with a new I.D and being non league based people would have picked up the new challenge and fans would have come from both clubs

the one thing that gets a my goat up about FCUM is all the money been invested by charities and local council loans - you either have the money from fans or don't bother. All the fundraising at non football meetings like at shops and other sites all asking for money to build your so called break away club is wrong. why rebel against the things that you need to be a football club and then ask other people for help and investment to build a football club ???? just go back home you bunch of clowns

Last edited by a moderator:
He wasn't banned. He's started a breakaway fan run forum free from the fluff and censure found here. It's a much purer forum that can only be accessed using dial up internet and it is has no relation to this forum. If you can free your mind you can access it at www.moonblue-forums.co.uk but only at 3pm on Saturdays. Listen to the testimonials from other fans. Choccysparks92 from redcafe says "I read other forums but I've never read a forum like this. I didn't get a single virus or banner ad' and twentetimes wrote 'this forum is brill and never before have I questioned if it is a bap or a cob'

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.