FC United Thread

I have been a Manchester Rates/Council Tax payer since 1986 in New Moston,Moston and now Newton Heath and I begrudge FCUM every single £ that these leeches have managed to con from MCC.
However every single £ had to be authorized by somebody on the council. So really the councillors who fought to get FCUM a virtually free ground at Broadhurst Park should hang their heads in shame,every last one of them.

I have been a Manchester Rates/Council Tax payer since 1986 in New Moston,Moston and now Newton Heath and I begrudge FCUM every single £ that these leeches have managed to con from MCC.
However every single £ had to be authorized by somebody on the council. So really the councillors who fought to get FCUM a virtually free ground at Broadhurst Park should hang their heads in shame,every last one of them.
Supported by then local Moston Cllrs Paul Murphy and Rita Tavenor (who just happened to be married to the head of North Manchester College - the very same college that runs the Rag Socks academy.....) Both since retired....
Only Cllr Henry Cooper came out with any credit, resigning from labour as a result of this sham.

Last edited:
The MEN article neglects to mention the £170,000 FCUM received from the council on 30/04/2020 under the heading long term debtors.

Long term debtors definition:-

*Debtors who are not expected to pay what they owe in the near future. The debtors of an organization shown on the face of a balance sheet under current assets may be assumed by some readers to be expected to pay within 12 months, thus being comparable to current liabilities. The legal definition of fixed assets, however, means that current assets are merely those assets that an organization does not mean to keep in the business and there are no time implications. In some cases, possibly by mutual agreement, it may be many years before a company is able to recover money from certain debtors. The Urgent Issues Task Force requires that if the size of the debt due after more than one year is material, the amounts should be disclosed on the face of the balance sheet.

Richard Leese says they are supporting a business.

The MEN article neglects to mention the £170,000 FCUM received from the council on 30/04/2020 under the heading long term debtors.

*Debtors who are not expected to pay what they owe in the near future. The debtors of an organization shown on the face of a balance sheet under current assets may be assumed by some readers to be expected to pay within 12 months, thus being comparable to current liabilities. The legal definition of fixed assets, however, means that current assets are merely those assets that an organization does not mean to keep in the business and there are no time implications. In some cases, possibly by mutual agreement, it may be many years before a company is able to recover money from certain debtors. The Urgent Issues Task Force requires that if the size of the debt due after more than one year is material, the amounts should be disclosed on the face of the balance sheet.

I will be well fucked off if MCC raise 21/22 council tax above the rate of inflation after giving these freeloaders a £170,000 long term loan.
With cutbacks and possibly redundancies looming,FCUM is hardly an essential service provider. It makes my fucking blood boil to be honest. That amount of money could have been spent on far better causes IMO.

that's like pissing in the wind with your new cloths and shoes on

supporting a business that is not supporting itself ? when fans don't turn up and the old board run off with the money the council let them have in the first place, talk about double dipping ? FCUM are fucked their fans are going back to united and will not be around to answer the questions about their club (what club) not me am a manchester united fan not a fcum fan

that's like pissing in the wind with your new cloths and shoes on

supporting a business that is not supporting itself ? when fans don't turn up and the old board run off with the money the council let them have in the first place, talk about double dipping ? FCUM are fucked their fans are going back to united and will not be around to answer the questions about their club (what club) not me am a manchester united fan not a fcum fan
It doesn't take a genius to work out that non league clubs do not make money - not many lrague clubs make money!
The thing about this lot is they sing and shout about how they "do things differently", how it is "their club, their rules", how they refuse to have a sponsors name on their shirt (depriving themselves of a good source of income each season) yet year in year out expect the tax payer to fund this charade via various avenues of public funding to keep it all going.
Clubs like Abbey Hey, Maine Road and the two Wythenshawe teams - long time established clubs in the city boundaries and also desperate for funds must be well annoyed with how much £ is being spunked on this club when they receive nothing (I am guessing) from the council.

It doesn't take a genius to work out that non league clubs do not make money - not many lrague clubs make money!
The thing about this lot is they sing and shout about how they "do things differently", how it is "their club, their rules", how they refuse to have a sponsors name on their shirt (depriving themselves of a good source of income each season) yet year in year out expect the tax payer to fund this charade via various avenues of public funding to keep it all going.
Clubs like Abbey Hey, Maine Road and the two Wythenshawe teams - long time established clubs in the city boundaries and also desperate for funds must be well annoyed with how much £ is being spunked on this club when they receive nothing (I am guessing) from the council.

so true non league football is not a good business idea or a good investment or giving loans to ? because of what you say the little fan base ? also the ticket price is so low it does not pay the bills

FCUM are the only club thats got the backing from the council and they will keep right off big loans after big loans
because they got mugged off with the idea, also they have the land lease from the robert johnson foundation and have to keep to the deal so maybe this is why FCUM have got them

so true non league football is not a good business idea or a good investment or giving loans to ? because of what you say the little fan base ? also the ticket price is so low it does not pay the bills

FCUM are the only club thats got the backing from the council and they will keep right off big loans after big loans
because they got mugged off with the idea, also they have the land lease from the robert johnson foundation and have to keep to the deal so maybe this is why FCUM have got them
It was Ronald Johnson who the playing fields were named in honour of. Sorry to be pedantic mate,but I thought it was worth pointing out for historical accuracy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.