Darts walk on girls chalked off.

Can you elaborate more on this? What were the issue's here and in what way did producers buckle to demands?

The Wonder Women Film had numerous issues associated with it, with some feminists lauding it whilst others were asking for it to be boycotted (for various different reasons).
To get an idea of the complexity & some of various arguments involved check this link
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...bol-of-oppression_us_594d30bbe4b0f078efd980e3
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...bol-of-oppression_us_594d30bbe4b0f078efd980e3
Protein World
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/jul/01/protein-world-beach-body-ready-ads-asa
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/jul/01/protein-world-beach-body-ready-ads-asa
The Red Pill (Documentary) - if you don't already know, it was a documentary made by a feminist (who for the previous 10 years or so had made documentaries about women's issues etc) covering the MRA's (Men's Rights Activists).
Was targeted to be banned in countries like Australia (where feminists forced Cinema's that were gonna screen it to shut etc). Also tried to have it removed from places like google play etc.

Mass Effect:Andromeda - various issues supposedly resulting from the gamergate fall-out, but the main one was the graphics for the main female protagonist were changed mid-production to be more 'ugly' & 'fatter'. Also a lot of accusations that the woman who was put in charge of the facial graphics was only given it for the sake of diversity etc.

But why, even if it played a part of the descission, is it a thing to lament? Or even to point so much to femenists and denounce them over this? Theres still a big difference between this "preemtive move" and actually being targetted by a femenist campaign. And besides that, it's not because femenists are at the foundation of certain change that it's bad or that we should lament the femenists, the more so because a lot of social change has happened championed by femenists and accepted by society at large.

Why are you so staunchly in defence of the move is a more pertinent question?... simply put this is not a change that was necessary in many peoples eyes(that's a fact take a look a round and that's just the move itself without bringing feminists into it), they are free to point this out just as much as you are to defend it so passionately.

There seems to be a sort of distinction some people make here by calling it "extreme femenism", the only thing i can understand under extreme femenism is a sort of femenism that is hardly supported by society or rather mocked for being over the top. But that sort of femenism doesn't tend to be so succesfull as "normal" femenists.
The question to ask here, if it really is so that femenists played a part in the motivation of these organisations, is if that is a bad thing?
It depends on the changes and whether they are best for everyone and for the right reasons..."equality" you know or have you forgotten like most of the 4th wave feminists? If it's just some zealots who want to put the feelings of the few above those of the many then I'm against that line of reasoning. Compliance by force(which was not an argument levelled at this decision that I saw anyone here make) is a side issue more to do when they start passing laws to appease them and when freedom of speech is compromised(it's already starting to happen in some parts of the world ask Jordan Peterson).

Rant? It was only a comparison, but i still don't get youre point even as you seem to posture that for some reason you are right...
Ah the good old plea of ignorance, showing your true colours now, you're stumped how you can still hold the moral high ground there aren't you? It's there for all to read anyway. "You seem to posture" it doesn't make sense but I doubt others will have a problem seeing what happened there and how I spelled it out clearly enough. Aliens man they're out there! ;)

Last edited:
Fuck me some folk have got some severe hang ups. Go out and get laid.

I had high hopes for getting laid tonight! Romantic meal out with the Mrs and all that!! Kids out supposedly. Nip to the shop for some more wine come back and it’s a bloody houseful with about 15 teenage kids now watching bloody gremlins on Netflix.

Now in the spare room on blue moon on the top level of a pink bunk bed!!

Life.

I had high hopes for getting laid tonight! Romantic meal out with the Mrs and all that!! Kids out supposedly. Nip to the shop for some more wine come back and it’s a bloody houseful with about 15 teenage kids now watching bloody gremlins on Netflix.

Now in the spare room on blue moon on the top level of a pink bunk bed!!

Life.
Haha, total nightmare. Drink the wine and pass out, there’s always tomorrow.

Why are you so staunchly in defence of the move is a more pertinent question?

Not at all, just as much as youre opposition to it isn't. This is a discussion forum, both sides of the coin are supposed to be discussed.

simply put this is not a change that was necessary in many peoples eyes(that's a fact take a look a round and that's just the move itself without bringing feminists into it), they are free to point this out just as much as you are to defend it so passionately.

Sure they are, i never said they were not. They are also free to be scrutinised afcourse on a discussion forum. Afterall it wouldn't be much of a discussion forum if each expressed his oppinion and we left it at that.

But, sorry to say, you are moving in weird directions. You make this reply as reply to my question why it matters if femenists played a role when you had expressed that femenists having forced this of was the issue. Now you argue a lot of people don't find it an issue that there were models around for promotion but that answers nothing on the question why it would have been bad that femenists pressure was a potential factor in the organisations decission.

It depends on the changes and whether they are best for everyone and for the right reasons..."equality" you know or have you forgotten like most of the 4th wave feminists? If it's just some zealots who want compliance by force to put the feelings of the few above that of the many then I'm against that line of reasoning.

i don't think people have nessecarily forgot about the tenet of equality promoted by Femenists when discussing with people who attribute the changes put trough by a private organisation as inspired by the pontential backlash they might one day receive "femenist zealots". It think many people here (and you observe that in this thread) are wondering why certain people are connecting this case so strongly to femenists extremists when pressure from femenist extremists seem to have had no part in the ultimate decission.
But apparently here is a powerfull army of extreme femenists out there that can make organisations shit their breeches for including anything with females that might be to the ire of said extremist femenists and thats why extremist femenists are bad. Ok.

Sorry, but i don't see that army of extremist femenists to worry about, rather than i know some men (not pointing at you) who would take the first crazy femenist they could find to denounce all femenists as crazy's and warn for an impeding invasion from them ...
Instead i see sport organisations simply do away with something that wasn't relevant to the sport in the first place as something that simply seems "outdated", and i agree that it is indeed outdated.

Ah the good old plea of ignorance, showing your true colours now, you're stumped how you can still hold the moral high ground there aren't you? It's there for all to read anyway. :)

I have no idea what youre postering about, and really i don't care this is just some silly debate. Moral high ground? Pfffffffff there is no value to "winning" an internet debate anyhow. i'd say we can perhaps both agree that we find eachothers oppinion just bollocks.

And on a serious note, The line you chose to highlight is the most misleading of the original post.

Who the fuck is saying that a woman worth is predominantly in her looks?

Some of the most competent people I work with are women. I couldn't care less what they look like. Some of the best looking people I know are men, they too are competent. Where aesthetics are part of the brand beautiful people of both sexes are used to promote products. Where technical competence is required those most capable may be male or female and their looks are irrelevant. About 15% of my students are women. 100% of my students are pilots. There are no barriers to women becoming pilots and we spend a great deal of money promoting women in aviation as part of our recruiting policy. But we cannot force more women to chose it as a career despite the advantages we give them in order to bring more women into the field.

Where women have free choice they tend to chose careers which are more people orientated and men tend to chose more "Thing" oriented career. It is not only human nature but nature in general as many studies have shown.

Equal opportunity is a worth while goal. Equal outcome is marxism and responsible for more deaths in the 20th century than anything else.

The people who employ them for their looks, and want them to parade in a sexy provocative manner.... ie the Darts/F1/Boxing/Wrestling fraternity

Im truly amazed that as an intelligent guy you cant see this.

The people who employ them for their looks, and want them to parade in a sexy provocative manner.... ie the Darts/F1/Boxing/Wrestling fraternity

Im truly amazed that as an intelligent guy you cant see this.

I'm truly amazed that you think beauty is not a marketable trait in a human.
Why should those with with high IQ have all the cake? After all not everyone has a high IQ and yet it's the best indictor by a country mile on success.
Why should those with high body strength have an advantage over the more aesthetic but weaker people?
Don't see many skinny builders.

Your electricity is working as you're posting on a forum, what percentage of those people who keep all the utilities working are women?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.