City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

We've spent lots of money but look where we are, that's where the money has gone. If you want to win on a regular basis you spend money. It's like this now, it was like this 10 years ago, and it was like this 80 years ago.

We had to spend a lot to catch up with the cartel teams. In recent times that has been both us and PSG, the cartel introduced ffp to stop us, it failed.

The Premiership signs a new deal making it richer than everyone else. The cartel look to ffp2.

If it fails I think you will see the cartel set up a nice cosy European league, it will probably need to include us and PSG but that just means we will have become part of the cartel.

Won't stop them recycling it even if they don't understand it, you know what the rags are like.

What makes me laugh is all these fans of clubs moaning about prices of players while City are yet to break the £60m mark on a single transfer as Pep rightly pointed out yet it's our fault Utd spent £100m+ overall on Pogba, £90m with add-ons on Lukaku and Liverpool spent £75m on a CB? I also have a sneaking suspicion Arsenal tried as hard as they could to keep Aubameyang's fee down near Laporte's release clause for fear of not having room to talk anymore.

Whats even funnier is the opposition fan`s that moan the most about us spending to much, are the one`s that complain that their owner`s dont spending enough

We've spent lots of money but look where we are, that's where the money has gone. If you want to win on a regular basis you spend money. It's like this now, it was like this 10 years ago, and it was like this 80 years ago.

We had to spend a lot to catch up with the cartel teams. In recent times that has been both us and PSG, the cartel introduced ffp to stop us, it failed.

The Premiership signs a new deal making it richer than everyone else. The cartel look to ffp2.

If it fails I think you will see the cartel set up a nice cosy European league, it will probably need to include us and PSG but that just means we will have become part of the cartel.

If there were a European super league and it were by invitation, which clubs do you think would be invited?

There is always the should Celtic and Rangers play in the PL argument
Celtic have the potential to be a leading European club, but are restricted because of lack of TV money and play in a shite league. Should they be invited?
What about Turkish clubs, they generate large enthusiastic crowds
How many from the Prem would be allowed, considering that English clubs make up the majority of the top 20 biggest revenue clubs in Europe!
Spurs are moving to a lovely big new stadium but have won next to nowt in recent times
Liverpool are huge but have won hardly anything recently

Bbbbbut, I thought money didn't buy success?

That's what they said, right?

But 'history' is the only thing that matters now, right?

Oh wait, we're creating further history at the same time.

First they ignore you.
Then they laugh at you.
Then they fight/fear you.

We got there in the end, eh blues?

Last edited:
If there were a European super league and it were by invitation, which clubs do you think would be invited?

There is always the should Celtic and Rangers play in the PL argument
Celtic have the potential to be a leading European club, but are restricted because of lack of TV money and play in a shite league. Should they be invited?
What about Turkish clubs, they generate large enthusiastic crowds
How many from the Prem would be allowed, considering that English clubs make up the majority of the top 20 biggest revenue clubs in Europe!
Spurs are moving to a lovely big new stadium but have won next to nowt in recent times
Liverpool are huge but have won hardly anything recently

Would be interesting to say the least how it got decided. Spurs and Liverpool rank in the middle the Forbes top 20 so I would expect them in regardless of a lack of recent wins. Liverpool also has a sizeable international following which would help that type of league with TV revenues.

Can't just use Forbes/Forbes though as teams like Leicester, West Ham, and Newcastle occasionally pop up on that list. There would be lots of pressure for regional balance too.

You mean like when Arsenal bought most of the Huddersfield team plus their manager, Herbert Chapman, when they moved into their new ground in Nowf Landan. Huddersfield had just won the league 3 years in a row, then Arsenal did the same.

But that's not financial doping. I'm sure you'll agree with that, eh Arsene?

You mean like when Arsenal bought most of the Huddersfield team plus their manager, Herbert Chapman, when they moved into their new ground in Nowf Landan. Huddersfield had just won the league 3 years in a row, then Arsenal did the same.

You should know by now the likes of Arse, Manure and the Dippers are only interested in talking about their glorious istree when it suits.

That didn't actually happen though.

Chapman won 2 league titles with Huddersfield in 1924 & 1925, before applying for the Arsenal job.

Huddersfield then won the league without Chapman in 1926 and finished 2nd in 1927 & 1928 while Chapman's Arsenal were midtable.

In fact it wasn't until 5 years at Arsenal that Chapman's Arsenal won the league, and from a quick look up of their starting XI, none of them played for Huddersfield before Arsenal.

So pretty much everything you wrote was fiction.

Last edited:
That didn't actually happen though.

Chapman won 2 league titles with Huddersfield in 1924 & 1925, before applying for the Arsenal job.

Huddersfield then won the league without Chapman in 1926 and finished 2nd in 1927 & 1928 while Chapman's Arsenal were midtable.

In fact it wasn't until 5 years at Arsenal that Chapman's Arsenal won the league, and from a quick look up of their starting XI, none of them played for Huddersfield before Arsenal.

So pretty much everything you wrote was fiction.
Give me some credit. I got the teams and manager right!
So they didn't buy any Huddersfield players then?
And Arsenal didn't move to Highbury from Woolwich?
And it wasn't financial doping?

Other than that, I should have started with "once upon a time....."

;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.