Homeless

Wrighty Wrexham

Went to the bank today passed a homeless guy sheltering from the snow in a doorway.
Came out the bank gave him a quid and some loose change told him to look after himself.
He politely thanked me.
Got me thinking though I rarely do this, normally I mumble I've got no change etc as I wonder whether they would use the money on spice, other drugs or alcohol and I would be feeding their habit.
But there again some are just down on their luck and one day that could be you or me!
Should I have bought him a McDonalds or coffee instead?
Think I will try and do more as charity starts at home and would rather support the UK than give to aid foreign lands.

I offer to buy a sarnie or a drink. If they want cash I move on.

Best way to help the homeless is by supporting a homeless charity, even a local one. They can really make a little go a long way.

Also, charities tend to provide support to homeless people in groups, thus helping to build connections and friendships between homeless people that can be helpful in getting them back on their feet or even just helping them to cope. They also help to keep homeless people safe.

Giving money to a homeless person, whilst being generous on your part, won't help to break their isolation in the way that charity support can. Plus, homeless people are prime targets for getting mugged (even with what little cash they have).

just give food and a hot drink,if you really want to help go in a charity shop and get him some blankets,don't give them money
It's a scandal we have homeless people in this country,it really is by the grace of god so don't be a dick about them as it could happen to anyone

i give the homeless near my work my packed lunch prepared for me by my Mrs ... if i have lunch planned with my work i didn't mention to her about :/

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.