City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

Not arsed about the early leavers. Each to their own. But genuinely can’t understand why some season ticket holders aren’t turning up for games.

Firstly need to make the family stand significantly smaller. Secondly city need to reward season ticket holders that actually attend games. Perhaps you could get a discount off the following years ticket or maybe even loyalty points.

It’s all been the clubs fault. They’ve done so much right but when it’s come to the fans and the ground they’ve done a hell of a lot wrong.

They did everything in the wrong order.

They firstly fucked off - with no consultation - 6000 fans from the North Stand and created an un-needed (in its size) Family Stand. Other than the two title winning games the Family Stand has never been full despite games being “SOLD OUT” and fans not being able to buy tickets even though many want to. The fans who were evicted were moved to different parts of the ground, some were moved to seats that were £100 more expensive than they were paying in the North Stand, some were told they couldn’t sit next to friends or family they’d sat next to for years, some were so disillusioned with the move they never came back to the stadium.

Then - with no consultation - they upped SeasonCard prices by something like £75, £65, £50 and £50 season-on-season. Then froze it for a year. Then upped them by £50 again. Since that Agüerooooo moment my card has gone up from (IIRC) £560 to £800. For a large number of people the conintual rises made them decide to give up their SC. For me (combined with the growth of the number of cup games we’ve had over the years) it’s stopped me being able to afford go to as many away games as I used to.

Then they moved the Singing Section to the single worst place in the ground it could possibly be. It’s isolated between the away fans to its right, a corporate area above and the quiet CBell stand to its left. This is especially worse for cup games where they may as well not even bother turning up when there’s 7000 away fans above them. And it is the smallest Singing Section I relation to capacity of any ground anywhere. Plymouth Argyle’s (just one example plucked from thin air) Singing Stand holds 5000 in a 16,388 stadium; Stockport County’s Cheadle End holds 5400 in a 10,841 stadium. You can pick any ground in any league in any country and find everyone has a bigger Singing Section either in its own capacity or percentage of overall capacity. SSL1 only holds about 3000!

Then they started putting tickets on foreign travel package sites and we have groups of non-City fans going to games. Tourists who don’t give a shit about the club and smile when the opposition score (that’s even happened with United and Rooney scoring once at our ground when we had people in the home stand smiling and taking pictures of Rooney sliding on his knees).

Then they started the eviction process again with the rise of corporate areas. With the same outcome as when they did it in the North Stand.

The very first thing they should have done was target the Singing Section and make that the priority. Liverpool Kop 12000, Villa Holt 14000, SheffU Kop 145000. That’s what we should be aiming for. We should have done that first before anything else was ever done. Any City Sq, any CFA, any SSL3, any New York/Melbourne etc., anything at all. Number one should have been a proper singing stand. Then the rest should have followed but the Family Stand should be half the size, it has not worked.

There are cheaper tickets available but that came after the big price rises came in and people had already left the match going support and there aren’t actually that many. It’s not like Bayern and other German clubs who have 12000 cheap tickets. If we have more than a few hundred I’d be surprised.
Great post mucker. Yes, it's a sad indictment on how the the suits feel how our fans should be treated and the kind of football paying customer( I won't use the word supporter or even fan) they want in the stadium..the kind that have full bags of club goodies and who continue to take pics throughout the match. This season was my first ( AND LAST) in the family stand because I'm sick to death of being stared at like a mass murderer when I scream 'COME ON CITY !!'. Don't know where I'll go, but it's got to be better than that sterile piece of plankton.

Leicester fans in the bottom if the Family Stand yesterday.

The Family stand should be made smaller, with 1 block at each end of the NS Lower tier being made available to any age City fan.

£1 incentive off next season's season ticket for every match a season ticket holder turns up.

People who continually don't use their season ticket, or above half the matches, shouldn't be allowed to renew their season ticket the following season.

Like many I think it's inconceivable that fans aren't turning up to watch City this season. If they aren't coming this season, they won't come after a pep has left and the team tails off.

And it's time Khaldoon, Soriano and the other Directors reviewed seat prices for next season. There is absolutely no justification for another price rise on any seat.

Last edited:
Years ago you got a season card discount if you bought your season ticket by the end of May,theclub should devise some sort of method that if you miss a certain number of games then your season card price goes up an extra 20-30%,then if you really value your ticket youll turn up,empty seats bothers me more than people leaving early..

If you leave 5mins early for all home matches in the league come the end of the season you will have missed a full 90mins of action...a full game....something to think about

There’s a definite sheep mentality in those leaving early. I’ve seen it many times. One person gets up to leave with 10 minutes to go and immediately 100’s nearby do the same

If you leave 5mins early for all home matches in the league come the end of the season you will have missed a full 90mins of action...a full game....something to think about
The three lads in front of me must of missed half a dozen games then fuckin off on 35 mins and back 10 mins after half time. All for two pints.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.