City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

http://www.marca.com/en/football/international-football/2018/02/12/5a817e7d46163f29638b4578.html

Paris Saint-Germain and Financial Fair Play doubts

Interesting Article basically UEFA not buying into their sponsorship deals. I trust our club has this sorted out , given how bent UEFA are.

Parts of the article

This issue is the sponsorship deals which justify the incredible expenditure and in March the Committee of Financial Control for Clubs will dictate a judgement on the sponsorship deals signed by PSG.

They will determine whether they are legitimate deals, however to this point it is understood that UEFA considers them to be illegitimate and akin to a state owned team.
Strange that Marca, being such a pro Real Madrid newspaper, would come out with an article like this on the eve of a match between said club and PSG.

Strange that Marca, being such a pro Real Madrid newspaper, would come out with an article like this on the eve of a match between said club and PSG.

true , though this has been said before too about PSG and their sponsorship deals. Neymar to Madrid stories will not die down either

true , though this has been said before too about PSG and their sponsorship deals. Neymar to Madrid stories will not die down either

It's not news really, is it?
When City and PSG got done a few years back, PSG had a 'sponsorship' deal which UEFA assessed to be 2x fair value.

It's not news really, is it?
When City and PSG got done a few years back, PSG had a 'sponsorship' deal which UEFA assessed to be 2x fair value.

i think this is back in the news maybe coz they will assessed again...and need to sell in the summer to balance their books.... lucas has left for spurs

guessing di maria and draxler will leave too

i think this is back in the news maybe coz they will assessed again...and need to sell in the summer to balance their books.... lucas has left for spurs

Sounds reasonable. The Neymar cash thing can't have impressed them either.

If they're assessed again UEFA will have to allow more of the sponsorship deal as they're now a higher profile club.

Also, you don't assume guilt before you start an investigation or assessment unless you want any judgement to be overturned.

Paris are fine.

When UEFA came after both of us, Paris got lucky.

They were ordered to revise their Qatar deal down from £200m to £100m a season.

PSG are already under the permitted limits.

We were ordered not to increase our Etihad deal by something like ten per cent?

Paris are fine.

When UEFA came after both of us, Paris got lucky.

They were ordered to revise their Qatar deal down from £200m to £100m a season.

PSG are already under the permitted limits.

We were ordered not to increase our Etihad deal by something like ten per cent?
We agreed as part of the settlement not to increase our tier two sponsorships, which would have been Aabar & Etisalat I think. The Etihad deal never came into it as Etihad was, under UEFA rules at the time, not a related party & therefore they had no say in the matter.

Of course, they soon amended the regulations to say that no more than 30% of a club's total income could come from state-related entities. I doubt more than 15% of our income comes from Abu Dhabi related companies.

We agreed as part of the settlement not to increase our tier two sponsorships, which would have been Aabar & Etisalat I think. The Etihad deal never came into it as Etihad was, under UEFA rules at the time, not a related party & therefore they had no say in the matter.

Of course, they soon amended the regulations to say that no more than 30% of a club's total income could come from state-related entities. I doubt more than 15% of our income comes from Abu Dhabi related companies.
Etihad are just under 11% so 15% max sounds a fairly safe bet.

Do you know if the Etihad deal was ever renegotiated? This link suggested negotiations were underway, but nothing ever seems to have been confirmed. https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-city-set-400million-jackpot-4377857

Also do you think Man Utd's huge agent fees, and wages for their signings is a deliberate attempt to take the transfer mkt out of City's reach? They as the club with the highest revenues, have a vested interest in inflating the market under the current regulations. They could drive transfer costs for the best players so high so that we can not compete.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.