Toby Alderweireld

Unlikely to play much for Spurs again. Once you tell Pochettino you are leaving, you are dead to him. See Rose, Walker, etc.

Rose has been injured for most of the season. Recovered full fitness; played quite a few games; suffered a minor injury; now back in the reckoning again. Still very much a part of Poch's plans.

As to Alderweireld not travelling to Turin, there's nothing to read between the lines. He's been out injured for over three months and he's simply not fit enough yet for a game of this magnitude. Poch doesn't want him to suffer a secondary injury. That's all.

Right player, wrong time. If we replaced Kompany with Alderweireld there's no way we could keep all four CBs happy. As long as he goes anywhere but United I'll be alright with it.
Hope he leaves English football. Coz frankly, I can't see him anywhere other than United if he stays in the league.

Hope he leaves English football. Coz frankly, I can't see him anywhere other than United if he stays in the league.
I'd imagine Spurs will want a buyer from abroad and even at his age Alderweireld will not be short on suitors.

I'd imagine Spurs will want a buyer from abroad and even at his age Alderweireld will not be short on suitors.

I'd imagine that Spurs will want him to sign a new contract and stay at the club for a few more years! And I think that that is still the most likely outcome.

I'd imagine that Spurs will want him to sign a new contract and stay at the club for a few more years! And I think that that is still the most likely outcome.

Why? They're winning fuck all.

If the reports about his £25m release clause is true for 2019, then I'd be curious to see Spurs' asking price for this summer. He's a potentially perfect Vinny replacement.

I don't think he'd make a good Vinny replacement at all. We can't have 4 CBs who expect to play every game. The 4th CB needs to he someone old like Vinny, someone experienced but mediocre like Evans, or an academy guy like Tosin.

Unless we go to 3 at the back, which I seriously doubt. We average 70% possession. I doubt Pep takes off an attacker for another CB in too many games.

would love to have him here... but as others have said , he won't be happy without game time

Superb defender but what are the stats behind recovery from a serious hamstring injury like he had?. I think this would be a case of buying just to keep him from going to a rival.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.