FC Basel (a) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping for a tight 1-0 or 2-1 win so that the 2nd leg isn't a reserve match and a waste of 90 quid for the family!!!!! Not really though. 5-0 city!
I making the transatlantic journey back for the second time in three months for the return leg being played on my birthday so it better be cracking!

He might have shaken the rust. Let us see what he offers before we criticize

I think it is surprise rather than criticism. It seems Kompany can only play once a week and I guess many people think that he would be more suited to the Wigan game and Stones or Laporte to this one.

Maybe they are not 100% fit or maybe Guardiola knows a bit more about football than me ;-)

DV75CmIXcAUDBZC.jpg
Knew Xhaka was shit all along. He's now on a half-season loan to Basel.

For me that’s the first team sheet in a long while, I think peps got wrong, having said that I still think it’s good enough to win.

I think it is surprise rather than criticism. It seems Kompany can only play once a week and I guess many people think that he would be more suited to the Wigan game and Stones or Laporte to this one.

Maybe they are not 100% fit or maybe Guardiola knows a bit more about football than me ;-)
Nah! I'm sure it's not that :p

That said, we know Laporte isn't fully fit from reports. John is though. My sense is there is some man management going on here.

Captain has been healthy for a while, and as much as he is a team guy, he still has an ego. Pep is assuaging that ego while not taking a great risk.

He said after another game. We need Vincent lifting throphies before we can say this is a good team. He didnt have to name drop Vinny when he did. He could easily have said "this team" or Manchester. That he purposely used Vinny who hadn't played as an euphemism for the club was telling.

I think City's form this season has seen even McPointy being a lot less biased against us to be fair, Savage there's no hope for. Keown and Hargreaves I can't recall having too many quarrels with even last season. I don't understand how Hinchcliffe has become so anti-city though, is there a reason behind it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.