FC Basel (a) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are second on the ladder behind Young Boys where the two tend to dominate the league but their league form has been patchy all year.

Would have to rank them the lowest of the 16 teams remaining but anything can happen and of course they will be keen to do well against one of the favourites.

We should have enough over the two games in the locker but they will cause us some problems at their place especially.

Last edited:
The squad is starting to look back to its strongest again with players returning. Just waiting on Jesus now and we are fully ready for the run-in. I’m going for a professional but hard fought 2-1 win tonight, with a comfortable win in the 2nd leg.

The squad is starting to look back to its strongest again with players returning. Just waiting on Jesus now and we are fully ready for the run-in. I’m going for a professional but hard fought 2-1 win tonight, with a comfortable win in the 2nd leg.
A comfortable win at Home will do me, I can leave early.... ;)

Talking to a local Basel Fan last night, he along with the rest of their fans, just hope to be in the tie for the return leg, they fully expect to be beaten tonight.

There a decent enough side to cause us problems, but their not even top of the Swiss Super league (Young Boys are). Treat this as a final, put as many away goals past them as we possibly can so it can be a little more relaxed at home. We've got a heavy schedule coming up, so this is one of the most important games of the season as it will shape how we attack the next few games imo.
That’s due to results early in the season. They’ve only lost 1 league game since October and had a decent CL campaign. They are tough to beat at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.