FC Basel V Manchester City - Post-Match Thread

We will need to play a tighter game against better opposition but it is about beating what is in front of you and giving a performance that suits the situation, which is whatvee did today and provided wonderful entertainment.

Go to bed and wake up in the morning remembering you have just watched us win 4-0 away from home in the CL.
Yeah it's a great result and I'm delighted with it as I said. Still doesn't change the fact that we gifted them 3 goals, they just fucked them up (and weren't given the penalty). I don't think them scoring those goals would have changed much, we could have scored as many as we wanted as our attacking today was excellent, but the defending was terrible. It wasn't incisive play, it was aimless balls over the top that we just handled really, really badly. It's not me being unrealistic, we've handled that shit all season with next to no fuss at all.

Tell you what Bernardo is getting better and better with every game. Going to be difficult to shift him when everyone is fit. Starting to look a really class player and growing in confidence week by week.
I thought this. Took a while to settle in but his performance has gone up as his consistency in recent games.

Good to see Delphino, Gundog and Sane back. Bernardo getting better with a run of games. Time to step up a gear at the business end of the season and players will be champing at the bit to get into the first 11. 4 0 Away from home I would have bit your hand off. Ok a bit shaky at the back at the start and we need to improve there or the top sides will take their chances against us. 2nd leg should be able to rest some players.

Still doesn't change the fact that we gifted them 3 goals, they just fucked them up

q3iCWqE.jpg

ha ha rag just text me its a good job you paid goalie rate for ederson cos if youd bought him as a midfielder hed cost100 million

Yes, from some of our defenders that was woeful. Nothing remotely threatening about that Basel attack yet we managed to make a right pigs ear of dealing with some very routine balls and on another day could have let in 3 or 4. That's woeful in my book, but maybe I just have higher standards for us.
8iQgsqb.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.