Kodi/SPMC

If ever evidence were needed about the control Murdoch and his cronies hold over the media in this country, and the power and influence he can therefore bring to bear, then Kodi is it.

Not a day goes by without me reading the latest "news" article about some hapless soul who's been fined £x, or ordered to pay £y. Or some threat about a fire risk of "dodgy" Kodi boxes or some other lie.

It's abundantly obvious that these articles are not news at all. Just propaganda seeking to quell Sky's loss of revenues to streaming alternatives.

But they are not portrayed as editorial, which would be fair enough. They are always "news" articles. I find this quite disturbing. And it's not just the national newspapers; you find it in the Eccles and Chorley Herald as well, demonstrating just how far the Murdoch tentacles reach.

I find this much more disturbing than people voting with their feet about ever escalating Sky subscription costs and lack of televised games.

I think Kodi has been a force for good, reigning the inexorable rises in subscription costs and never-ending over-paying of footballers. It's a good thing.

If ever evidence were needed about the control Murdoch and his cronies hold over the media in this country, and the power and influence he can therefore bring to bear, then Kodi is it.

Not a day goes by without me reading the latest "news" article about some hapless soul who's been fined £x, or ordered to pay £y. Or some threat about a fire risk of "dodgy" Kodi boxes or some other lie.

It's abundantly obvious that these articles are not news at all. Just propaganda seeking to quell Sky's loss of revenues to streaming alternatives.

But they are not portrayed as editorial, which would be fair enough. They are always "news" articles. I find this quite disturbing. And it's not just the national newspapers; you find it in the Eccles and Chorley Herald as well, demonstrating just how far the Murdoch tentacles reach.

I find this much more disturbing than people voting with their feet about ever escalating Sky subscription costs and lack of televised games.

I think Kodi has been a force for good, reigning the inexorable rises in subscription costs and never-ending over-paying of footballers. It's a good thing.
Well said, if the prices weren't so ridiculously high, or tied in with crap we don't need, more people would pay. Its just greed.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Another one bites the dust
Statement From Pyramid
Dear Users

After A Visit to my Home From ACE yesterday it with great sorrow that i am having to remove The Pyramid Add-On And Tomb Raider Builds From Circulation. Its Been A Great Ride But The Journey Has Come To An End. I Would Like To Thank You All For Supporting Us Over The Past Few Years But Its Time To Turn My Back On Kodi For Good. I would expect other add ons to be getting visits from ACE too in the near future so be warned. This Could Just Be The Start Of The End.

Well said, if the prices weren't so ridiculously high, or tied in with crap we don't need, more people would pay. Its just greed.
Yes it is, and whereas the Premier League does entertain us, it's the Premier League's greed that has brought this situation to bear. All that's been happening is that the PL has been generating more and more revenue from TV rights, and passing all of it on to the clubs, which spend literally all of the extra money on players transfer fees and wages. Sky and BT have been happy to pay it, since they simply ramp the subscription costs on a public who are in the main addicted and who have to pay whatever the cost is.

It's been effectively legalised extortion, and it's been going on for years. And it would continue like this for years if people didn't vote with their feet, and Kodi is finally allowing them to do just that. It's very significant I think that Sky and BT have bid less this time around for their TV rights. Good.

So there can be no justification from Sky or BT for further subscription price increases.

Another one bites the dust
Statement From Pyramid
Dear Users

After A Visit to my Home From ACE yesterday it with great sorrow that i am having to remove The Pyramid Add-On And Tomb Raider Builds From Circulation. Its Been A Great Ride But The Journey Has Come To An End. I Would Like To Thank You All For Supporting Us Over The Past Few Years But Its Time To Turn My Back On Kodi For Good. I would expect other add ons to be getting visits from ACE too in the near future so be warned. This Could Just Be The Start Of The End.
Pyramid is a big loss, excellent addon, I personally won't lose any sleep over noobsandnerds

Seems like FB groups are getting another culling to. If they put this sort of effort in to sorting prices out between themselves iptv would not exist.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.