20 years ago today - Bury, Makin & City!

Ha ha, I recognise the lad giving out some stick at 0.06 on that vid, he's still a regular home and away now.

And IIRC wasn't the Bury goal was scored by a City fan, Paul Butler, who moved on to Sunderland and was seen celebrating with other Blues in town after the Blackburn promotion match two years later?

Yes it was Paul Butler who is now involved with City's academy.

Hello lads, Bury fan here in peace.

I published my first book about my club - www.theforgottenfifteen.co.uk - in autumn 2015. It was about the 1985 promotion team, and it's done well. I'm now writing one about our period of success in the mid-90s under Stan Ternent. This game will obviously play a big part in this.

Does anyone on here know the lad who tore his season ticket up on the pitch during this game? I'd love to talk to him.

Ha ha, I recognise the lad giving out some stick at 0.06 on that vid, he's still a regular home and away now.

And IIRC wasn't the Bury goal was scored by a City fan, Paul Butler, who moved on to Sunderland and was seen celebrating with other Blues in town after the Blackburn promotion match two years later?
Butler was a good mate of mine at Moston Brook High School. I remember being in the bookies on Claremont Rd laughing with my mate before the game saying look at Buts price.. 50-1 first scorer..I very nearly had a fiver on him but shit out. When he scored I was fucking ill, but not as ill as losing the game. I was numb after that match, without doubt one of the lowest points of our history. Anyway I seen Buts twice about a year later and like a total fucking ignorant snacked arsed kid,I ignored him both times because then I was blaming that goal for sending us down. How petty hey. Sorry Buts if you're out there. CTID

What a shite time that was to be a Blue. Anyone that says differently is lying it was shit

It was total total fucking shite.
I remember Chuckle brother No 1 gloating in our misery on the touch line in the Bury away match which we ended up drawing 1-1.
Makes it all the more sweeter what’s happening now though that’s for sure.

I think the Bury match, along with the defeat at Lincoln City, were the worst performances in my lifetime of watching City. In those days I lived in Scotland and on the way back from the Bury debacle I drove back in silence till Penrith services. At that point I got out of the car and just started screaming and swearing on the forecourt. I literally lost it. It wasn't funny at the time because I honestly believed I was having some sort of breakdown. I was in bits. Only watching City can reduce you to this sort of thing.

This must've been the season we played Stockport and were 3 nil down after about 20 mins at their place. I think that was as low as it got for me.

Crazy times.

Yes it was Paul Butler who is now involved with City's academy.
Butler was a good mate of mine at Moston Brook High School. I remember being in the bookies on Claremont Rd laughing with my mate before the game saying look at Buts price.. 50-1 first scorer..I very nearly had a fiver on him but shit out. When he scored I was fucking ill, but not as ill as losing the game. I was numb after that match, without doubt one of the lowest points of our history. Anyway I seen Buts twice about a year later and like a total fucking ignorant snacked arsed kid,I ignored him both times because then I was blaming that goal for sending us down. How petty hey. Sorry Buts if you're out there. CTID
Thanks for the replies.

@Stretch - that was definitely adding insult to injury, not putting the bet on. Numb was how I felt for most of that season!

I went into work the morning after and was subjected to piss taking from utd and bury fans.
Must admit I felt ike crap and had no come backs whatsoever.
Bury fans laughing at me and my club! I couldn't believe what was happening.

I lived in Bury at that time too... according to some of the dickheads they were a bigger club than us after beating us at Maine Road.
Ah the good old days eh...went everywhere in those days watching us ...great days apart from the footie lol.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.