20 years ago today - Bury, Makin & City!

I went into work the morning after and was subjected to piss taking from utd and bury fans.
Must admit I felt ike crap and had no come backs whatsoever.
Bury fans laughing at me and my club! I couldn't believe what was happening.

I went into work the morning after and was subjected to piss taking from utd and bury fans.
Must admit I felt ike crap and had no come backs whatsoever.
Bury fans laughing at me and my club! I couldn't believe what was happening.
But who is laughing now?

Actually, probably still the Bury fans, to be honest.

Clark accused me of being a member of the fifth column and got his turd of an assistant manager Alan Hill to ring me and ban me from the club.

And all because I stated he was getting the sack and Joe Royle was getting his job.

Cowardly useless pricks the pair of them.

Joe thanked me later!

Clark accused me of being a member of the fifth column and got his turd of an assistant manager Alan Hill ring me and ban me from the club.

And all because I stated he was getting the sack and Joe Royle was getting his job.

Cowardly useless pricks the pair of them.

Joe thanked me later!
That’s going in your memoir, right?

And do you need any private investment for the publishing? ;-)

GMR on the way home that day was fun!

Looking back its still the best time i've ever had watching us and we had some cracking days we really did.

I remember the train back from stoke and the driver announcing “next stop Macclesfield”

Didn’t know whether to laugh or cry !!

The car park outside and the showers of bricks and rubble will never be forgotten either.

GMR on the way home that day was fun!

Looking back its still the best time i've ever had watching us and we had some cracking days we really did.
Definitely some great memories—aside from the ill-advised scraps—that really can’t be had in the current era. Not that I am complaining—wouldn’t give up what we have now for anything, and am enjoying making new sorts of memories.

Do you feel like the highs were more pronounced back then or they were just different to those we experience now?

I think being a young lad then may have skewed my experience (and recollection) a bit so it is hard to say for me.

Haha.

It's up there with me and Steve McMahon dragging Richard Edghill off that sycophantic Lyachi for tearing off his gold crucifix in a fight.

Happy days.
The mental image of that is... well, mental!

Seems as though it should be in the grainy black and white archival film, haha.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.