Basel (H) - Pre match thread.

City v Basel prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We should still expect to win with Foden and/or Diaz starting. Great opportunity to rest a few considering our first leg advantage.

Okay haven't had the chance to read through all of this thread so apologies if I have missed the answer to the question I'm about to ask? What's the ticket situation for tomorrow night. I know they are on general sale but is a healthy crowd looking on. I was going to roll down to the ticket office tomorrow afternoon and try and pick up one for myself.

Looking at the planner, there's probably less than 1000 left. Mainly singles dotted around the stadium. Loads have shifted over the past few days so you might be pushing it if you only turn up this afternoon as I'd expect the remaining tickets to sell at some point today.

Pep would HATE to lose this tie, so I expect him to err on the side of caution for the starting eleven.

Thanks a lot for all your answers. Looks like we will be fine.

As far as I heard: first and second tiers are sold out. I am expecting the third tier being half full... I don't know how much people that would be?
Thank you.

I am not sure as I don't know if you have the usual away allocation for Premier League visitors, or slightly more. The usual Premier League visitors get up to 3,000 split over 1 1/2 blocks of seats in each tier behind the goal, but you may have an extra block in the lower tier, and some more expensive seats in the main stand.

I am expecting there to be quite a lot of casual football fans to be at the game rather than regular supporters and lots of fans with cameras

I would arrive a little earlier than you might expect because there are long queues at the turnstile to get in as everyone is searched. For evening games when everyone turns up at the last minute after work, it can take 10-15 minutes to get into the ground.

I am looking forward to the game, but not with the same sense of nervous anticipation as usual, because of the scoreline. For that reason I think the ground will be quiet. City fans feel comfortable. I am quite interested in the other game tonight - Tottenham v Juventus.

I an sure Jesus will start.

I would love to see a forward 3 of Jesus, Sane and Sterling. But however good the starting line-up, the quality of the football will depend on the desire of the players to win. Not easy when you are 4-0. I watched some of the Liverpool v Porto and PSG v Real Madrid games last night, and I just could not get interested in them.

These games are usually hugely dramatic classic games, but not if they are already decided.

This team is going to be hard to predict, what do we know for certainty? Silva definitely not as he's back home, Fernandinho not, still injured, Mendy not. Delph didn't train yesterday so a doubt? From the training pics you'd think Yaya will start and from Pep's comments, Stones and Foden probables. That's about all I've put together...

Does anyone here get the tram to Ashton after matches? how long is the wait to get on a tram after the game?

Usually park at the ground, would like to know if its any quicker

tram to ashton arrives about 15/20 min after full time, usuly a single carrage after a couple of doubles go past and turn round at Asda to head back to manchester ...if you are lucky enough to be at the front and don’t mined a game of sardines once you fight your way on you will arrive in ashton around 20/25 min later presuming no knob has parked blocking the tram from passing or broken down in the line..
it’s no good leaving early to catch a earlier tram as this is the one that turns round and goes back to town.. they seem to take every other tram off to send back to town as instead of every 12 minutes they are every 22 min for about a hour after the game .. not great if you have little uns as the squash on the platform and tram on the 1st 2 are too much in my opinion

Play the strongest team possible and then hopefully after we are a couple of goals up then ring the changes. So if by 1/2 time were 2 or more goals up then make the changes. We need to be playing our normal game, so to many changes may affect this type of game. Yes 2/3 plays maybe rested but to many could effect the players and they may lose some of their match fitness.

I am looking for a good 3 or 4 nil win tonight.

I'm having a senior moment. But does City Square serve beer before champs league games ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.