Who Will Pose A Threat Next Season

Rags will be around but not a credible threat.

Spurs will be awful in the new ground.

Arsenal will either be as now or in a major re-build.

Chelsea depends on who takes over and if the players can be arsed.

Liverpool probably our biggest threat if they buy well.

United and only them. Spurs are just too reliant on Kane, if he has one dip in form or unlucky with injuries I don't see them challenging for the title in the foreseeable. Arsenal have way too much to do to mount a challenge even if they got rid of Arsene. Chelsea need to rebuild their defence and GK, so not next season but maybe the one after. Liverpool are not going to get 25 goals from Salah next season but if they buy a decent keeper and centre forward should be closer. United will spend big and grind out results. They are never going to get to the levels we have achieved this season but if we drop off at all then they will be a threat. But really, with the right motivation/mentality should be us again. The season after will be really hard though as you imagine Silva, Kompany, Fernandinho, Aguero will be past their best by then

Can only see us getting stronger, teams will challenge but no real threat. Our young payers will have one season under their belt and we will have a recognised left back.

Ourselves. Teams usually fail to retain the title because of a huge drop off in their own performance rather than other teams suddenly becoming amazing.

Dippers for me. If they get a top holding midfielder and a replacement for that Moreno then I think they might get within 15 points of us.

I always think a look at the respective benches gives an indication of realistic strength and depth. It particularly struck me when watching lasts season's CL final.While there are always injuries, it can give an idea of where teams are in their development and their likelihood of sustaining a prolonged challenge. Below are the benches from the weekend for that lot, Liverpool, and Us. Irrespective of how much others spend in the summer, when I compare them I feel quietly confident about next season.

That Lot
  • Lindelöf
  • Lingard
  • Carrick
  • Romero
  • Shaw
  • Fellaini
  • Darmian
Liverpool
  • Wijnaldum
  • Gomez
  • Henderson
  • Lallana
  • Mignolet
  • Solanke
  • Matip
Us
  • Bravo
  • Danilo
  • Stones
  • Gündogan
  • Laporte
  • Bernardo Silva
  • Touré

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.