Ant and Wreck.....

Slightly off topic.

Me and my lad (he's 19) were watching the Watford v City game earlier in the season and the cameras show Elton John.
My lad says "ya know what dad,I always thought he was 2 people"
I say "how you mean 2 people"?
He says "like Ant and Dec.....Elt N John"

well he clearly had a broad education

His last sentence is correct, however. Most people’s default mode appears to be to imprison people for any and every offence when except for the most dangerous of offenders, prison simply doesn’t work. I would say an increasing number of people in society have a hard-on for punishment and retribution despite its limited effectiveness; although I suspect its effectiveness or otherwise is not their primary motivation.

Gibson will probably do stir for this btw. If not, it will be by the skin of his teeth. He’s clearly got a severe drinking problem, needs help and should be punished, but what good will sending him to prison achieve? Locking people away in a building isn’t the answer to every anti-social problem.

Wilkins has had three drink driving convictions and still done no time.

They keep doing it again an again and get their licence back.

There's has to come a time where another punishment is issued.

Just a question, maybe for another thread but do people think there should be zero tolerance on the drink driving question like Scotland has adopted?

No. Zero tolerance just criminalizes people who are still driving capably.

I do think the penalties for being over a limit where you are clearly driving impaired should be more severe though. Not prison but more time off the road.

Wilkins has had three drink driving convictions and still done no time.

They keep doing it again an again and get their licence back.

There's has to come a time where another punishment is issued.
There are other ways of punishing people that aren't slavishly wedded to the Victorian notion of locking people away in a building; which doesn't work.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.