Ant and Wreck.....

Drink-driving isn't a moral or sensible thing to do but society's gone from being too lenient to too hysterical about it (see posts above). If you can't handle a car after a couple of pints (as an adult male of average weight), you shouldn't have passed your test in the first place. Having a zero-tolerance approach would ruin the pub industry in the countryside (where there's no public transport/taxis) and ruin the careers of people who need to drive the day after a night-out. The obvious counter-argument to that is drink-driving ruins lives because it's so dangerous and kills people but the vast majority of drink-drivers in road-accident related crashes and fatalities are more than double the existing 80mg limit anyway. Having a small amount of alcohol in your system does worsen your driving ability but so does turning over your radio station, so does chatting with your passengers, so does following a sat-nav etc. We can't just keep on this path of banning and criminalising everything and everyone.
Yeah youre right. Just let him off. He only caused a caused a crash in a busy city street in the middle of the afternoon and caused a child to have to go to hospital. It's a hysterical over reaction to it for him to be arrested. Those poor people who still drive while over the limit after a night out too, god the pity of it. Imagine if they knocked a kid down who was just walking to school, jesus it would be awful for him to be arrested too, its not like he hadnt considered that being pissed the night before will impact on him being able to drive the next day.
Ffs what a ridiculous post, you should be ashamed of it

He'll get off. Then expect the sorrowful media posts where he blames it all on his dodgy knee problems instead of admitting that he's a washed up junkie fag hag with as much talent as my left big toe.

A disgrace of a human being.

Yeah youre right. Just let him off. He only caused a caused a crash in a busy city street in the middle of the afternoon and caused a child to have to go to hospital. It's a hysterical over reaction to it for him to be arrested. Those poor people who still drive while over the limit after a night out too, god the pity of it. Imagine if they knocked a kid down who was just walking to school, jesus it would be awful for him to be arrested too, its not like he hadnt considered that being pissed the night before will impact on him being able to drive the next day.
Ffs what a ridiculous post, you should be ashamed of it
His last sentence is correct, however. Most people’s default mode appears to be to imprison people for any and every offence when except for the most dangerous of offenders, prison simply doesn’t work. I would say an increasing number of people in society have a hard-on for punishment and retribution despite its limited effectiveness; although I suspect its effectiveness or otherwise is not their primary motivation.

Gibson will probably do stir for this btw. If not, it will be by the skin of his teeth. He’s clearly got a severe drinking problem, needs help and should be punished, but what good will sending him to prison achieve? Locking people away in a building isn’t the answer to every anti-social problem.

Send him to do a rehab in the jungle with the rest of the washed up fuckers they inflict upon us.

Obviously addicted to booze , as stated earlier no excuse not to have a chauffeur or pay for a taxi , talentless wanker anyway .

Drink-driving isn't a moral or sensible thing to do but society's gone from being too lenient to too hysterical about it (see posts above). If you can't handle a car after a couple of pints (as an adult male of average weight), you shouldn't have passed your test in the first place. Having a zero-tolerance approach would ruin the pub industry in the countryside (where there's no public transport/taxis) and ruin the careers of people who need to drive the day after a night-out. The obvious counter-argument to that is drink-driving ruins lives because it's so dangerous and kills people but the vast majority of drink-drivers in road-accident related crashes and fatalities are more than double the existing 80mg limit anyway. Having a small amount of alcohol in your system does worsen your driving ability but so does turning over your radio station, so does chatting with your passengers, so does following a sat-nav etc. We can't just keep on this path of banning and criminalising everything and everyone.

It appears that the police feel filming on your mobile phone while driving at the same time affects your driving ability but apparently not leaning out of the window to spit on children !
CTID

Slightly off topic.

Me and my lad (he's 19) were watching the Watford v City game earlier in the season and the cameras show Elton John.
My lad says "ya know what dad,I always thought he was 2 people"
I say "how you mean 2 people"?
He says "like Ant and Dec.....Elt N John"

His last sentence is correct, however. Most people’s default mode appears to be to imprison people for any and every offence when except for the most dangerous of offenders, prison simply doesn’t work. I would say an increasing number of people in society have a hard-on for punishment and retribution despite its limited effectiveness; although I suspect its effectiveness or otherwise is not their primary motivation.

Gibson will probably do stir for this btw. If not, it will be by the skin of his teeth. He’s clearly got a severe drinking problem, needs help and should be punished, but what good will sending him to prison achieve? Locking people away in a building isn’t the answer to every anti-social problem.
Gibson is the other thread mate. This is for the other waster.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.