Liverpool (h) CL QF pre-match thread

Liverpool (h) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to tonight. I really think we will do it. We saw how they started to bottle it in the league, at home, and 4-1 up. If we get a goal early and another before half time then they are in for one hell of a second half.

On the front foot and composed they are excellent but under pressure their midfield three will start playing hit and hope long balls where we can regain possession and get back at them again.

We play better when we are in this situation with nothing to lose and I think having Aguero back will make the difference. It will be tough and I think we will concede but I think we will create a fuck load of chances and take them all and score 5 again to win the game.

We have had two games where the ball has not bounced for us, the opposition have had the calls and the ref has seemed to make decisions in their favour and against us. Tonight is third time lucky and all will align to see us given the decisions and the rub of the green to win the tie and go to the semi finals.

Might as well just go for it tonight from the off. Play 3-3-4:

Ederson

Walker
Kompany
Laporte

Fernandinho
D Silva
De Bruyne

Sterling
Sane
Aguero
Jesus
Kompany won't start a 4th game in a span of 10 days. I doubt Pep will risk getting forced to substitute.

Ederson

Walker
Kompany
Laporte

Fernandinho
D Silva
De Bruyne

Sterling
Sane
Aguero
Jesus

That is how I would play it. Lots of width from Sterling and Sane, Aguero and Jesus central to occupy their central defenders and De Bruyne and Silva running things. Walker Kompany and Laporte sat back to cover the counter, with Walker's pace being crucial and a huge game for Ferny to recycle the ball and cover the defence. Ederson should be stood on the 12 yard line to mop up any ball over the top.

Ederson

Walker
Kompany
Laporte

Fernandinho
D Silva
De Bruyne

Sterling
Sane
Aguero
Jesus

Very bold that ric I'd prefer we played our 4-3-3 we know with our team we can score 3 or 4 in the last 30mins when we've tired the opposition out always time in the last 30 to go all out attack.

Very bold that ric I'd prefer we played our 4-3-3 we know with our team we can score 3 or 4 in the last 30mins when we've tired the opposition out always time in the last 30 to go all out attack.

Think it would be foolish of us to sit back and think we can keep them out for 60 minutes. Get an early goal and they will start to panic.

In many ways, this game tonight can currently be regarded as the last big game of the season.

Only other competition we’ve an interest in is the Premiership, which we’ve got in the bag.

So, the message needs to be - "Don’t leave anything behind guys, 110% effort and concentration for 90+ minutes."

If we do that and still go out, then I think most fans will be proud.

Think we will start with 433 and tire them out hopefully introducing extra attacker shortly after HT

Ederson,
Walker, Kompany, Laporte, Delph
Fernadhino, De Bruyne, Silva
Sterling, Jesus, Sane

Aguero on for Delph

4 - 0 City

Ederson

Walker
Kompany
Laporte

Fernandinho
D Silva
De Bruyne

Sterling
Sane
Aguero
Jesus
That would be stupid. They've got Salah. One goal from them kills it.

The aim for me would be to get to ht with a 1-0 and then whoever scores next probably wins the tie. Hour mark would be the time for big gambles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.