Liverpool thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's a fucking fiddle! easiest group by a mile (and they still struggled), porto in the round of 16, then they cheated their way past us. now they get roma. hope edin and aleks fucking deck the c**ts

How did we cheat against you? I dont remember any dives that won a penalty or the sort.It was the refs who were a bit dodgy but then again your first goal could have been a foul on VVD.

because roma don't play open,we played right into their hands and roma won't,if you look at the teams the dippers lose games to it's the ones who defend and counter,it wouldn't have been 5-1 if the officials hadn't have fucked us over by the way

We'd still have gone out, Liverpool were better over the two legs as painful as it is to admit

A lot will depend on who the referees are told to let into the final and whether Roma shit in their pants at Anfield.

Is the first leg at Anfield or Roma?

Doesn’t mean anything. Liverpool conceded 5 against Sevilla and failed to beat them. Does that mean Sevilla are better than City? Tactics mean everything. Pep’s tactics suit Klopp down the ground whereas Roma won’t be afraid to sit back. West Brom beat Liverpool 3-2 at Anfield with these tactics. It’s also arguable that Roma would be better equipped to deal with the Anfield atmosphere than City due to how loud games are in Italy.

Liverpool are a different team to last year mate, not sure the Sevilla result is really relevant anymore

I think I'm too serious for a lot of things. I'm fun at parties though.

Does anyone really believe that there's a massive conspiracy being running by UEFA in favour of the 'elite'? I mean, really? I figured that it was just grumbling after results, which we all do, but there does seem to be a small minority on here who really believe it.

Anyway, Roma are the least impressive side left on paper but it's a cup competition, they will feel like they have their name on the thing after knocking Barcelona out (Barcelona!), and they can defend as only Italians can. If they were to snatch the first goal at Anfield, they could very well park the bus for 150mins+ and that's the one style of play that we really haven't found a way around.
But you are a supporter of the elite, so you would say that would you not? Future rankings based on historical performance? That will never happen. Top 4 of the 4 top Europeam leagues qualifying straight for the group stages? That will never happen. FFP being brought in if any 'inter-lopers' try to crash the party. Surely not? A clubs 'individual coefficient' (history again) determining how much 'prize money' teams will get from 2018? That really would never happen, would it?

We'd still have gone out, Liverpool were better over the two legs as painful as it is to admit

Is the first leg at Anfield or Roma?

Liverpool are a different team to last year mate, not sure the Sevilla result is really relevant anymore

I’m referring to the Sevilla game this season. Sevilla should have won right at the end of the game Anfield if it wasn’t for Muriel’s poor finishing. If it’s this calendar year you’re referring too, they lost to West Brom 3-2 at Home. Di Francesco is a tactical genius and will not be afraid to make the game ugly to play in. Their midfield of De Rossi, Naingollan and Strootman have the right balance and are experienced.

Let’s not forget that Liverpool lost to the rags a few weeks ago and Roma are a better team than them currently.

Liverpool firm favourites to go through, so it will be interesting to see how they cope with the weighty pressure that entails and how well Salah does against his former team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.