City's best-ever penalty taker? (any era)

Yaya, Mario, Sergio, Elano in that order for me... Pains me to say it but that Judas tosser, Milner wasn't to bad at them either

I never ever doubted Yaya or Mario when they put the ball on the spot. Not sure I'd say the same about any other players

You may be right but I`ve always remembered it being just the one penalty,missed three times.IIRC it ended up as a 0-0 draw.
Perhaps Gary James can shed some light on the game ?
I thought it was two pens, one of them retaken and missed again. The first pen was awarded after a Burnley defender punched Tueart in the area while the ball was still in play (in the keeper's hands IIRC). The Burnley player was sent off and Tueart got up to take the pen, not sure after 40-odd years whether it was that one that was retaken or the 2nd pen. Definitely finished 0-0.

On topic, hard to pick between Yaya, Mario and Anelka, none of them missed a pen for City as I recall. Frannie was good but he did miss a few.

Any of Elano, Balotelli or Yaya. All of them were exceptional spot kick takers. I can honestly say when Yaya stepped up in the league cup final I never doubted for a second that he would score.

Elano had impeccable technique and always found the corner, never gave the keeper a chance. With Mario I always felt it was a cat and mouse game he would eventually lose but he looked fucking stylish to be fair to him and never missed one for City if I remember rightly.

I thought it was two pens, one of them retaken and missed again. The first pen was awarded after a Burnley defender punched Tueart in the area while the ball was still in play (in the keeper's hands IIRC). The Burnley player was sent off and Tueart got up to take the pen, not sure after 40-odd years whether it was that one that was retaken or the 2nd pen. Definitely finished 0-0.

On topic, hard to pick between Yaya, Mario and Anelka, none of them missed a pen for City as I recall. Frannie was good but he did miss a few.
As you say after 40 years the mind can be wonderfully deceiving either through too much Guinness or at our age bloody dementia. ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.