Raheem Sterling - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be wiser just to step across the defender at times, especially when he’s near the box. Too quick for far too many in the league. I’m less perturbed by his finishing as I am by those last passes he snatches at when we hav the numbers.

Supberb tonight, his movement is brilliant and just opens up the opposition more than he gets credit for. I just can't stand the criticism you see on the match day thread, it's unbearable.

Much improved when he moved central, and yet again proves he can finish with aplomb when he has no time to think and dither.

I can see the progress. Doubled his goal scoring tally from previous seasons, his movement and positioning is world class and teams just don't like defending against him. They are terrified of him. Few more years of playing under Pep, playing in this team and I'm sure he will be scoring Salah numbers.

Pep just said it on NBC Sports....Raheem starts to convert his chances and he starts to become one of the best in the world. This is the missing ingredient now. Pep has taught him the movement and how to create space for himself. Needs to start becoming more ruthless in front if goal and the world is his oyster.

Still only 23, if he focuses on finishing technique now at the end of every training session he will be immense when at the peak of his career, and possibly before

Raheem Sterling...he’s going to win the league

Supberb tonight, his movement is brilliant and just opens up the opposition more than he gets credit for. I just can't stand the criticism you see on the match day thread, it's unbearable.

Tbf the only thing he gets criticism for is his finishing and rightfully so. It's frustration over anything else, as his positioning and movement are just waiting for his finishing to catch up then we have one of the best wingers in the world on our team.

If he was a natural finisher he could have had 40 goals this season.

He always looks more dangerous when he’s played centrally to me.

I think Sane is the better prospect but Sterling seems to make more happen over the course of a game.

He missed that chance but the composure he showed in that situation is unbelievable. 9 out of 10 would have smashed that ball anywhere without picking their heads up but Raheem calmly got around Loris when put Vertonghen on his arse and just needed to chip that ball instead of trying to place it with inside of his foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.