Raheem Sterling - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep just said it on NBC Sports....Raheem starts to convert his chances and he starts to become one of the best in the world. This is the missing ingredient now. Pep has taught him the movement and how to create space for himself. Needs to start becoming more ruthless in front if goal and the world is his oyster.

Still only 23, if he focuses on finishing technique now at the end of every training session he will be immense when at the peak of his career, and possibly before

Raheem Sterling...he’s going to win the league

Pep hasn't taught sterling movement.

I don't know if this is just the latest thing where people try to detract from Sterling by crediting everyone else for his good parts, but Sterling has had incredible movement since he broke into Liverpool's first team at 17. It has always been his biggest asset and Pep has made a few tweaks, encouraged him to get in the box to use that movement more effectively, but he's always had it.

Pep hasn't taught sterling movement.

I don't know if this is just the latest thing where people try to detract from Sterling by crediting everyone else for his good parts, but Sterling has had incredible movement since he broke into Liverpool's first team at 17. It has always been his biggest asset and Pep has made a few tweaks, encouraged him to get in the box to use that movement more effectively, but he's always had it.

Please elaborate on how he's always had it?
If he's always had it he would've gotten around Sanchez on 79 min, and perhaps shot one over the bar, instead he gets clumsily dispossessed

Scores on the rebound courtesy of Jesus. Very rarely have I seen him score on his own created chances. Again if he had stayed with the dippers he would've struggled to score 5 in a single season, all competitions

Please elaborate on how he's always had it?
If he's always had it he would've gotten around Sanchez on 79 min, and perhaps shot one over the bar, instead he gets clumsily dispossessed

Scores on the rebound courtesy of Jesus. Very rarely have I seen him score on his own created chances. Again if he had stayed with the dippers he would've struggled to score 5 in a single season, all competitions
What a f*cking load of crap. Maybe start watching the games would be good for you.

The boy is amazing. I can't think of another footballer to compare him to. His movement and awareness of space are messiesque. His control sometimes and finishing just bloody messy.
I remember as a youngun, you perfected your striking of the ball playing rebound against the garage door for hours on end. Right foot, left foot, side foot, volley, full shot. Again and again and again, so the time you were 12, bloody hell you might not be a worldbeater but you could kick a football properly. Sadly in Raheems case this stage seems to be missing. The poor lad looked completely gutted after the game and in his interview. the constant missing of good chances must really be undermining his confidence. I wonder if he is using a sports psychologist. If he isn't he should.

The boy is amazing. I can't think of another footballer to compare him to. His movement and awareness of space are messiesque. His control sometimes and finishing just bloody messy.
I remember as a youngun, you perfected your striking of the ball playing rebound against the garage door for hours on end. Right foot, left foot, side foot, volley, full shot. Again and again and again, so the time you were 12, bloody hell you might not be a worldbeater but you could kick a football properly. Sadly in Raheems case this stage seems to be missing. The poor lad looked completely gutted after the game and in his interview. the constant missing of good chances must really be undermining his confidence. I wonder if he is using a sports psychologist. If he isn't he should.
4th highest goal scorer in the league with a better goals per minute ratio than Ferminio, Vardy, Mane, Hazard, Sánchez, Morata and Lukaku. Just think that puts a few things into perspective. If he continues to improve imagine the even greater threat he’ll be!

4th highest goal scorer in the league with a better goals per minute ratio than Ferminio, Vardy, Mane, Hazard, Sánchez, Morata and Lukaku. Just think that puts a few things into perspective. If he continues to improve imagine the even greater threat he’ll be!
Yeah, i'm not dissing him mate. Raheem is one of my favourite players. The positions he gets himself in and his movement are exceptional and if his coolness in front of goal matched, he would be scoring more than bloody Mane. I think his confidence in front of goal has taken a knock which is why he seems to be missing more chances than he did in the first half of the season. I hope he can resolve it.

Would love to see him turn from very good into one of the worlds greats after all the shit he has taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.