We’re bombing Syria

Senator Richard Black just said the attack was staged. A former state prosecutor and military man he said he always looks for motive. And he can see no scenario where Assad benefits from the alleged attack.

Senator Richard Black just said the attack was staged. A former state prosecutor and military man he said he always looks for motive. And he can see no scenario where Assad benefits from the alleged attack.
That would be the outspoken Senator for Virginia who has travelled to Syria several times to show his support for Assad?

You’ll be telling me Putin says Assad is “sound” next.

He’s well loved in the senate:

Most people would not be concerned about Dick Black going to Syria,” Minority Democrat Leader Richard L. Saslaw said. “The biggest concern would probably be Dick Black coming back from Syria.”

This is the same Senator Richard Black that doesn’t believe in inter-spousal rape:

In 2005, when Black was serving in the Virginia House of Delegates, he made a speech in which he said he “did not know how on earth you could validly get a conviction of a husband-wife rape, when they’re living together, sleeping in the same bed, she’s in a nightie, and so forth, there’s no injury, there’s no separation or anything.”

The Weekly Standard posted a video of that comment back in December, just days after Black said he was considering a congressional bid. Black sent out an emailin response, claiming that he “was not taking a position for or against marital rape,”

Yeah he seems like the sort of guy I’d want on my side in a moral argument.

But don’t worry, his views get better:

In July 2003, Black proposed legislation that would prevent unmarried and gay couples from applying for low-interest home mortgages, saying that the state was "spending $90 million to subsidize sodomy and adultery. I just don’t understand why we are taking money away [from worthwhile programs] and supporting a radical homosexual agenda."

Honestly are you sure you should be quoting this guy as a legitimate source???

He also once remarked that abortion was "a greater evil than segregation or slavery" and in 2005 he authored a bill that would require abortion providers to wrongly tell women that foetuses being aborted after 20 weeks could feel pain

You really should have done your homework on the Christian fundamentalist lunatic:

Also in 2005, he resurrected his legislation that would ban gay people from adopting children, claiming that gay people were more prone to violence, alcoholism, and suicide.

Oh deary deary me, one can see why he’s labelled as ‘outspoken’:

In February of that year, he urged his constituents to picket Stone Bridge High School for putting on a play about a gay football player, claiming that the school was "being used to promote a homosexual lifestyle." He further claimed that attempts to "encourage homosexual activity, to portray it in a cute or favorable light" could lead to children contracting HIV.

Just in case you aren’t sure, he’s not a big fan of gays:

In an interview in December 2013, Black compared same-sex marriage to polygamy and incest, saying that although he opposed polygamy, "at least it functions biologically", adding that it was "just more natural" than homosexuality.

And low and behold, he’s a frequent paid talking head on Russia Today and was against the move in 2016 for RT to be labelled as a ‘foreign agent’ in the US citing freedom of speech.

Great source Robbieh, I think I’d rather have Kiam back me up in an argument.

Last edited:
Would that be the Richard Black that makes regular appearances on Russia Today?

Google is your friend unless it doesn’t fit a narrative but I’m sure if one looks hard enough any bias can be confirmed on the net.

OK so you guys know more about the senator than me. However the question remains why would Assad do this now?

You’re still not getting what they were there to inspect. Which was the Douma attack site. Not the chemical weapons facilities that were bombed.

no you are not getting the point - if you piss someone off they won't even let you in to read their fucking gas meter - I know where they were supposed to be going but having bombed Syria should we be surprised when they get the hump ffs?

No, but you said we didn’t bomb Syria, then said we bombed factories in Syria,Contradicting yourself

Pendantic and I knew someone would try and be clever. We are not indiscriminately bombing Syria. We are bombing with intelligence areas heavily linked to chemical weapons that recently killed 75 people. No one died in the blasts I believe - 3 injured. I don’t believe that warrants the negative outcry.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.