Wenger leaving Arsenal at the end of the season.

Was hoping he would have stayed at Arsenal for a lot longer. We haven't even had to consider them a rival for the last few years. He obviously knew he would be sacked in the summer.

That sounds to me like he got the sack but the club and Wenger have dressed it up differently.

I think people say this because of the rags going downhill post Ferguson but I think the opposite is true.

Any good manager will get more out of this squad than Wenger has this season, and they'll likely not share the same refusal to strengthen the defence or cling onto his old project players either.

I think they'd do a lot better even with someone like Benitez.
I agree. Ferguson was getting United to massively overperform, so it was pretty likely no one else could keep that up. It's pretty much the opposite at Arsenal - with the players they already have and the money available to them, a trained chimp could keep them in the top 6, which is all that Wenger's done recently.

I agree. Ferguson was getting United to massively overperform, so it was pretty likely no one else could keep that up. It's pretty much the opposite at Arsenal - with the players they already have and the money available to them, a trained chimp could keep them in the top 6, which is all that Wenger's done recently.

And the chimp would be far more likeable too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.