First Game

City reserves v Stoke reserves some time in 1967/68, a bit surprised there was nobody there. Next game I remember was City v WBA Charity Shield 6-1 and Glad there was a goal net coz Neil Youngs shot was going straight for me. Thought it would always be like that, how wrong can you be.

Luton in 83 when we were relegated. Should of known I was in for lots of ups and downs after that.

No idea how anyone can remember to be honest. I would have been carried in by my Dad.
I do remember getting ill at a game and my Dad passing me down from halfway up the Kippax to the front, where I sat on the side of the pitch with a St. Johns ambulance man.
My Dad came down and got me at the end of the match.

What was the first game you ever attended, mine was Man Utd v Middlesbrough 1978 my Dad was a red , had 3 son's all City , tried but failed to indoctrinate us in that poison to no avail

Should say first paid in game , as we lived on Broadfield road Moss Side and I'd regularly get into City games at three quarter time with my elder brother and countless other kids from the are
I’d have left that 1st paragraph on the cutting floor mate. Fuck that!
Mine, City 1 Luton 0, 1974, Summerbee header.
2nd we beat Newcastle 5-0 same season
1st FA cup game beat Hartlepool 6-0 Tueart sent off.
Watching City then I thought we’d never get beat at Maine Rd. Didn’t quite pan out like that…but it’s not far off these days (though sadly not at The Mecca)

United 0 City 5 in 1955 or '56. My dad and uncles were quite worried for most of the first half because the rags were on top but Paddy Fagan, I think, scored towards the end of the first half and we went in one up at half time. The second half just seemed like a succession of City goals one after another and I got the impression, though I was too young to realise (or even see enough!). After that game I thought for a while I'd been born under a lucky star....

PS Can any old codger fill in some of the details - I was only 7 at the time.

Sounds like yer a year younger than me, and, by the way it's FOCs not old codgers. I saw City v Blackpool in 55. 2-0 to City!

City 1-0 WBA, 20/11/76. 9 years old and my old man took me with a friend who was a West Brom fan, we’d moved to the midlands the year before. Dennis Tueart scored the winner, still remember the goal to this day.

s-l225.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.