First Game

The Salfordian

What was the first game you ever attended, mine was Man Utd v Middlesbrough 1978 my Dad was a red , had 3 son's all City , tried but failed to indoctrinate us in that poison to no avail

Should say first paid in game , as we lived on Broadfield road Moss Side and I'd regularly get into City games at three quarter time with my elder brother and countless other kids from the are

1994 Derby at OT. City got smashed 5-0 but the enthusiasm, sense of humor, United's dominance, and all that meant just one thing for me: City.

What was the first game you ever attended, mine was Man Utd v Middlesbrough 1978 my Dad was a red , had 3 son's all City , tried but failed to indoctrinate us in that poison to no avail

Should say first paid in game , as we lived on Broadfield road Moss Side and I'd regularly get into City games at three quarter time with my elder brother and countless other kids from the are

The first one I remember was also against Boro. Finished 2-2 but my dad made us leave a few minutes before the end when it was 1-1. Very wet day if I recall correctly. I had been to some games before that with my uncle but no idea about those as I don't remember them.

Think it would have been in the 70s too but not sure on the year.

29 October 91, League Cup v QPR - 0-0 as I recall, Neil "Dissa" Pointon MOTM.
Amazed I ever went back...

It would of been the 1968 or 1969 season,i would have been 3 or 4 years old ! I haven't got a clue who we would of been playing,my grandad would have carried me into the Platt Lane saying " future supporter" and my dad taking my sister in the same way !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.