It's quiet... summer 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
its all in the mentality do you think madrid would've bottled it at anfield like we did. its all in the mind, their players believe that this is their competition and have that belief that they deserve this trophy and are a match for any team. how many of our players genuinely believe we can or will win it, most of them probably dont have that belief yet and just think we might be able to far . Thats the difference between us and madrid.
Strange one. I don’t think we’ve been particularly comfortable in any of our cup comps. Wigan, Liverpool x2 and Bristol city if truth be told. For me we seem to play with a little to much lethargy in these games this year. Like we are playing the long game rather than treating it as it should, one off knockouts.

Perhaps in the past. This year, they've simply been lucky.

If they beat Liverpool, I'll come back and apologize. But Right now, I think Liverpool will gut them with a painful ease that will sour my taste buds a bit. :(

You can get lucky a couple of times, but when your opponents find ways of beating themselves time after time, it's not luck.

Fact is Real have won it 3 times - their players have no pressure to win it again, and a huge amount of experience. They truly believe that opponents will make mistakes because they've seen it over and over again, and then they just capitalise on them perfectly.

The more they do it, the more the opposition feels like they need to play the perfect game to beat them, and the more mistakes they make, in front of goal and when defending.

Real Madrid - 4 CL finals in 5 years. Serious question , what do they have that we don't? And more pertinently who do we need to get to that level? Because I don't see a huge man for man difference in our team and theirs, but we obviously need to strengthen to win this competition. Would Mahrez and Jorginho do that?

Or is it all down to shit/cheating officials?
Real Madrid - 2 League titles in 10 years. They are built for Cup runs, similar to Liverpool this season who are miles behind us in the league.

Having not watched a lot of European league football, realistically how many combative games do a team like Madrid / Barca have per season? Going off nothing but hearsay and pundits you would say half what any premier league side does, would that be a fair assumption? I hate to say it but a prime Ushited were pretty much unbeatable but still had an abysmal Euro champs record...yes i am gargling bleach

It’s not really a sustainable argument but Real Madrid just seem to be one of those teams that when they are on the ropes they ride their luck. Bayern hit them last night with an all out assault similar to the one the Dippers handed out to us in the first 30 mins - but by good fortune Real got away with it - I guess you make your own luck. Real also hugely benefited from a ref who really helped them slow the game down in the last 20 mins - every Real player that hit the turf got a free kick and Bayern just couldn’t build a head of steam in the latter stages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.