It's quiet... summer 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.

If this lad had been playing in France or Germany everyone would be screaming out for him. Perfect for the Fernandinho role.

Maybe next year!?

He looks ideal for what we need. Obviously it would be good to see him tested at a higher standard, but he's got all of the attributes we would look for in a 6.

Do we take a punt on him now and maybe get him for cheaper, or wait and see how he gets on this season and pay double next year?

Surely Wolves wouldn’t sell him (Neves) now with a day to go of the window and them just arriving back in the top division?

He looks pretty perfect for what we need to be honest, just untested at this level.
Can see him definitely being one of them players you look back on in a year or two and regret not taking a chance on.
Wolves wouldn’t sell him this late on in the window though, absolutely no chance.
Id still bang a late bid on, Zinchenko plus cash, but Pep categorically said we’re done this window so wouldn’t bank on anything happening tomorrow.

I'd like to see how he fares in the PL first tbh. All well and good doing that sort of thing against plebs in the Championship. I think his level is middle of the table/Europa League team level but he is a tidy player. No way would I consider him a replacement until he shines in the PL.

It’s been quiet this summer - are we confident in our squad and have deliberately throttled back in the transfer market? We don’t seem to have landed a number of youth targets this summer - so there’s generally been less recruitment all round compared to previous years.

We're now at the stage where we're going for quality over quantity nowadays. Claudio Gomes, Philippe Sandler, Adria Bernabe & Ben Knight all signed this Summer and just add to a really high standard of youth that'll save a fortune in the medium and long term at least. Personally I'm finding the next stage of City's evolution fascinating. I'd rather see some of these lads come through than start going down the Galactico's route.

I know where you're coming from but he's essentially a defensive playmaker, with no fear when it comes to receiving off the back four.

He's still a kid and models his game on Pirlo.

Next season, he becomes an £80m player, mark my words.

I'm actually kinda stunned a top club hasn't tried their luck this summer, even us, considering what we need and the fact they want Zinchenko.

Wolves probably don't have much of a say, either, with them thankful to his agent Jorge Mendes.

Also noted Neves' comments today about how he can't wait to play at City next season...

Would be a fantastic summer should we make a shock move for him tomorrow once zin goes the other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.