Danilo - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like him, very underrated and fun to watch. Think too many just need to criticise for the sake of it. By no means a world beater but a very good squad player. Played very well recently.

His last couple of appearences have been fantastic. I slagged him off a few times in Jan - Feb. Hold my hands up, hes a great player and next season could really play a big role. He plays that inverted full back role really well, and he's one player who is not afraid to have a crack at goal from range.

I think he's suffered because he's played out of position on the left or played with the Cup team for the most part. If given a decent run at RB we'd be raving about him, but Walker to his credit has kept him out.

That being said, I'd be more comfortable with Danilo in bigger games than Walker as Walker's head does seem to go on the bigger stage.(His poorest games were home debut/red card, dippers, and a lot of Champs league games).

Overall, we're very healthy at RB.

I think he's suffered because he's played out of position on the left or played with the Cup team for the most part. If given a decent run at RB we'd be raving about him, but Walker to his credit has kept him out.

That being said, I'd be more comfortable with Danilo in bigger games than Walker as Walker's head does seem to go on the bigger stage.(His poorest games were home debut/red card, dippers, and a lot of Champs league games).

Overall, we're very healthy at RB.
I generally think he's struggled sometimes just because it's very difficult to play well when you don't play consistently, especially as you say if you're getting thrown into different positions and roles. You can't build up that confidence and momentum and tbh it's the exact same problem he had at Real where he played sparingly behind Carvajal. Maybe some players can do that and play well, but I've not seen many.

I think he has far more upside than Walker though, from an attacking sense he's better than Walker will ever be. He doesn't have Walkers express pace, but he's still quicker than most, particularly when he gets going as he's a very powerful runner. Defensively I think they are both a bit suspect at times tbh, but all fullbacks are these days.

Honestly I wouldn't be worried if either of them was our starting fullback, I think they've both excellent and having the two of them is a real luxury

Now that Maffeo is gone I'm really hoping we keep him next season. Could see him beating out Walker to claim the right back spot.

Last edited:
He likes a tackle as well and his energy levels are incredible.
He's finished the season in fantastic form and we now have 2 tremendous right full backs.

Now that Maffeo is gone I'm really hoping we keep him next season. Could see him beating out Walker to claim the right back spot.

He will surely stay. I think he could reall challenge Walker.

Danilo has 3 goals which is impressive given the few starts he’s had. Miles better offensively than Walker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.