Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, you said he's not worth anything upwards of £30m.

The club will only ever pay what they feel is right and affordable and never "silly money"

The scouts you want to evaluate options for that position have all seemingly narrowed it down to Mahrez on numerous occassions.

You said there were as good, if not better, and cheaper options out there but then refused to name any.

Only you are talking shit. Don't be so touchy when your ignorance gets exposed for what it is.
First point is correct.
Second point is rubbish, because City were willing to pay £60m for him in January which is silly money imo.
That's what im saying the scouts should imo look for someone younger & cheaper, because our scouts cant see them doesn't mean there not out there, there are cheap gems out there.
Fourth point; Off the top of my head, no I cant name any at 4 in the morning.
Fifth point; not ignorant mate far from it, I believe City should be scouting better looking for cheaper options, is it so wrong to not want the club to splash 50 large on Mahrez, as for my touchy quote, what a big man like you cant take it when someone says your talking shit, btw look up what ignorance means, you got it all wrong.

First point is correct.
Second point is rubbish, because City were willing to pay £60m for him in January which is silly money imo.
That's what im saying the scouts should imo look for someone younger & cheaper, because our scouts cant see them doesn't mean there not out there, there are cheap gems out there.
Fourth point; Off the top of my head, no I cant name any at 4 in the morning.
Fifth point; not ignorant mate far from it, I believe City should be scouting better looking for cheaper options, is it so wrong to not want the club to splash 50 large on Mahrez, as for my touchy quote, what a big man like you cant take it when someone says your talking shit, btw look up what ignorance means, you got it all wrong.
I bet you thought Sané, Sterling, Laporte, Fernandinho, Ederson and Walker were silly money...

I bet you thought Sané, Sterling, Laporte, Fernandinho, Ederson and Walker were silly money...
The only one I questioned was Laporte, I thought we had enough cover to leave that one till the summer, never mind spending £57m on him, Sane, Fern & Eddie were great prices, Sterling & Walker were bought from clubs that dislike us, so price was always going to be high. Sane was £37m but yet some fans wanna spend £50m on Mahrez, I find that stupid don't you ?

I think £40-50m is about right for Mahrez. We were willing to pay £60m in January but the winter transfer window is more expensive than the summer one simply because it's harder to get a club to let go of a player half way through a season.

The £95m they were asking was never going to be paid and given the fact that his form dropped when he fell out with the powers that be at Leicester over it we should set a limit of £50m. I also think Mahrez has to show us he's not just moving for the money and glamour too when it comes to wage demands, he's a good player but in this team he wont be our best player and the wage will reflect that.

£30m would be a bargain in this market, I doubt they would drop it that low, there's no point in comparing him to Salah as that move turned out much better than even Liverpool expected with the season he's had. If you really must bring Salah into it the only question to ask is how much would he be worth in PL money having proved himself now because that's where Mahrez is as a PL winner and key part of it.

You know what I don't get is why cant City get bargains, il tell you why, until we play hardball with some of these clubs, and walk away from deals these clubs will continue to take the piss. We are premier league champions ffs, players are queing up to join us, so why cant we pay less. I would honestly walk away from the Mhrez deal if they wont take £35m, look iv upped it £5m, I really would.

These discussions about price get on my t!t$. Its not your money. City are managing the books ok if you ask me. If the player is the right one and the numbers add up for the club i dont give a monkeys what we pay.

You know what I don't get is why cant City get bargains, il tell you why, until we play hardball with some of these clubs, and walk away from deals these clubs will continue to take the piss. We are premier league champions ffs, players are queing up to join us, so why cant we pay less. I would honestly walk away from the Mhrez deal if they wont take £35m, look iv upped it £5m, I really would.
Too be fair Mahrez did his bit and put in a transfer request but clubs are so rich they don’t have to accept.

We do play hardball and we do walk away. We’re not going to get bargains because the players we buy are top notch. GJ took less money and probably could have gone for a higher fee elsewhere. Almost all the players we’ve bought recent are extremely undervalued based on what we paid. GJ has to be 70+, Leroy 100, Ederson 60+, Sterling 80+, kdb 100+.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.