The Smiths & Morrissey thread

2002 was the zenith, just prior to “Quarry”, he had no deal, was back from oblivion. Coming on stage to the sound of that bell. Heady days.

Blackburn 2002 was his best I have been to. Fantastic unsigned tour. Have had some good times watching him over the years. Some Sports Hall in Chester in 97 and Liverpool Royal Court in 99 being good. Stoke was good too a few years back.

I haven’t got tickets this time. Went to Leeds earlier this year but he is going through the motions now. £71 is a joke. Saw James at the Parr Hall in Warrington recently for £40 and they were fantastic. Absolutely brilliant gig in a small venue.

People complained in 1999 when it was £17, and he had less shit songs to play then.

Just like a big fat bloke doing karaoke these days.

Morrissey added Edinburgh, Portsmouth and Reading either side of the Castlefield gigs @aka blue jambo

Johnny Marr also announces new US and UK dates ending October / November ending up at the Apollo.
Looking at Boston and Philadelphia
http://johnnymarr.com/
33676880_1755380547855891_602072106145939456_n.jpg

Last edited:
Deary me mozza has joined the #saveourtommy ranks now fucking bellend

Morrissey said: “It’s very obvious that Labour or the Tories do not believe in free speech … I mean, look at the shocking treatment of Tommy Robinson.”

His comments came as he underlined his support for the right-wing party For Britain, set up by ex-Ukip candidate Anne Marie Waters.

That's me done with the **** finally, could ignore his vegan bollocks as no one cares but this shite, nah.

Ona smiths note local indie station xsmanchester are doing manc bands world cup and the smiths were voted out first round in favour of james, bit of suprise,

Morrissey said: “It’s very obvious that Labour or the Tories do not believe in free speech … I mean, look at the shocking treatment of Tommy Robinson.”

His comments came as he underlined his support for the right-wing party For Britain, set up by ex-Ukip candidate Anne Marie Waters.

That's me done with the **** finally, could ignore his vegan bollocks as no one cares but this shite, nah.

Me too.

I haven't got tickets for the Castlefield show (already booked for The The in Dublin), but if I had tickets, I wouldn't bother going.

As for his latest pointless compilation, Paint A Vulgar Picture comes to mind.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ona smiths note local indie station xsmanchester are doing manc bands world cup and the smiths were voted out first round in favour of james, bit of suprise,

The last bit is no suprise to me. The Smiths + all other Morrisey stuff is overated. Add the fact he is a massive nob and I'd prefer James or any other of the big 90's manc bands.

I saw the interview yesterday and couldn't even be arsed posting it on here it was so embarrassing.
I used to think he just came out with most of his crap as it always seemed to tie in with a record release or a tour and it was one way journalists would write ''Morrissey, whose latest album / tour is released / starts next week....'' and this Tommy Robinson crap also coincides with his latest compilation album but he really is losing his fan base at an alarming rate (This Alarming Man). Even two years ago he would have sold Castlefield out within minutes yet two nights and neither are sold out. The gig in Reading, 2,500 capacity not sold out.... (the price doesn't help either but we fans have always found the money to get there in the past). Fans have always made excuses for his comments but very few, myself included are at the point where we can't defend him anymore.....

By the way, he has had 11 solo albums and 13 compilations! How the fuck does that work?

I saw the interview yesterday and couldn't even be arsed posting it on here it was so embarrassing.
I used to think he just came out with most of his crap as it always seemed to tie in with a record release or a tour and it was one way journalists would write ''Morrissey, whose latest album / tour is released / starts next week....'' and this Tommy Robinson crap also coincides with his latest compilation album but he really is losing his fan base at an alarming rate (This Alarming Man). Even two years ago he would have sold Castlefield out within minutes yet two nights and neither are sold out. The gig in Reading, 2,500 capacity not sold out.... (the price doesn't help either but we fans have always found the money to get there in the past). Fans have always made excuses for his comments but very few, myself included are at the point where we can't defend him anymore.....

By the way, he has had 11 solo albums and 13 compilations! How the fuck does that work?

That interviewer had their tongue so far up his arse it came out of his mouth!

“I’ve read list of the lost 3 times” must have nothing better to do because 3 pages was enough!

The prices are too high for the gigs. He is taking the piss. £71 got Castlefield! He will just play 9 songs off this new album when no one wants to hear more than maybe 3, throw a couple of Smiths songs in of which one will probably be Meat is Murder with the hideous slaughter video that 90% of the audience don’t want to watch and be supported by no one other than a pre gig screening of the New York Dolls and other icons of his that he has played around 300 times already so most fans have seen it!

I’ve not got one but going to see Johnny Marr in Liverpool for £26. Been listening to a few of his new tracks today. Liked them. Hi Hello is very Smiths like with the sound of There is a light.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.