England vs Costa Rica - 07/06/18

Don't rate Alli but Lvftus cheek takes far too many touches and takes far too long to decide what to do for me. Just slowing things down
Seems a bit too hesitant to go forwards with the ball sometimes, but thats to be expected from a player new to playing international football. Thought he looked great for Palace when they played at the Etihad.

One thing that'll be inevitably ignored in any debate between Rashford and RLC compared to Alli, Sterling and Lingard is that the latter three are far better off the ball than the former two. People will inevitably clamour for the likes of Rashford but systematically the latter three are far better for what we're going for.

But we English like big lads with good technique so that'll explain that.

If we can develop Foden he is gonna be a revelation for the England team. He'd be first name on the team sheet just cos he can pass forwards.
It’s fucking criminal we haven’t taken Wilshere. I hate the cûnt but he’s the only one we’ve currently got that can carry the ball forward.

To appease the knuckledraggers.

I had a group of EDL wankers on my train earlier talking about how they're going up there "To kick off with those African ****s!"

Was Pep with them? ;-)

FFS its just Costa Rica who are shocking. Wright and Dixon now saying 50/50 with Rashford and Sterling.

To be fair, I like what Southgate is doing. Pep's the best manager in the world so goes without saying he could probably get a bit more from them.

Last 16 is the minimum given the group we're in, which will mean a tie against one of Colombia, Senegal, Japan or Poland.

It's not unrealistic to think Southgate could get us to the Quarter-finals but not expecting more than the Last 16.

For me if he can’t get to the QF with the group we have and that lot, he has failed

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.