Barca apparently interested in Gundogan £50m

It’s rubbish to say Gundogan is injury prone, this pass season he has been fit and available since Sept 2017. He has been involved in most games including Champions league. He is a class player and is a better fit in the same position as De Bruyne and Merlin than in Fernandinho role. Just unfortunate for Gundogan that De Bruyne and Merlin are a class above.

Even at £50m that would be a steel for any club. Any midfield player we bring in will cost at least the same to us. Gundogan is still at his peak and can still improve under Pep.

If he leaves it will because Pep wants to make tactical change to the team.

Gundogan gets a thumbs up from me for what he has brought to City.

I like Gundogan quite a bit, but its very difficult to make a case that hes not injury prone

13/14 - Missed entire season with a spinal issue
14/15 - Missed first two months from the same
15/16 - Missed a month with a bruised foot then dislocated his patella in the DFB Pokal final
16/17 - Missed the first month from the patella injury, then tears his cruciate 3 months later
17/18 - Missed the first month recovering from the cruciate

Will he go down the pecking order with Jorginho coming in?
He definitely won't cover for Ferni then. I'm sure Foden will see more game time, so is Gundogan's game time going to be more limited
if we get 50 mil, your as good as swapping Jorginho for Gundogan is that good for us?

I like Gundogan quite a bit, but its very difficult to make a case that hes not injury prone

15/16 - Missed a month with a bruised foot then dislocated his patella in the DFB Pokal final
16/17 - Missed the first month from the patella injury, then tears his cruciate 3 months later
the back thing he was born with so not an injury.that had to be fixed at some point
A bruised foot doesn't make him injury prone,a dislocation can happen to anyone
all bony till the last injury,thats not the definiation of injury prone,vinny is injury prone,endless muscle injuries are injury prone

He definitely won't cover for Ferni then. I'm sure Foden will see more game time, so is Gundogan's game time going to be more limited
if we get 50 mil, your as good as swapping Jorginho for Gundogan is that good for us?
Because it might take a new player a season to settle so no,it's a 10mth slog,keep and add to unless he wants to leave

Split on this one. The lad has definitely got plenty of ability and on paper should fit in a Pep team quite easily.
There’s too many occasions I’ve seen him play and been left underwhelmed by what he’s produced though - I keep expecting him to hit a run of sustained form but so far it hasn’t happened.
I’d be surprised if we let him go but any offer up towards £50m is worth considering.

The last four seasons he has averaged 34 games played at club level.
14/15 - 33 matches
15/16 - 40 matches
16/17 - 16 matches (season injured his cruciate)
17/18 - 49 matches

I actually think Gundogan is a better player than the one at Dortmund. We all have different opinions but at least give the guy some credit. In 64 games for City he has been involved in 20 goals as either the scorer or provided an assist.

No, Gundogan is better then Jorginho

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.