Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know enough about that to be honest. I'd guess there's a mix of economic immigrants and asylum seekers. Just like there was in the Mediterranean.

Somehow you have to have a process to distinguish the two I'd imagine. Otherwise borders become pointless.
Their process is to treat them all the same, to drag children away from their families and stick them in cages to discourage anyone crossing a border. There's no assessment process. Even if there was, what's the justification for sticking the children of economic migrants in a concentration camp?

As President of the Jackals are Lovely Society, I find you using these lovely little guys as a comparative example with Huckleberryfinby Fucking offensive.

I have many jackal friends and not one of them is a bible retarded lying bastard.

Withdraw that comment please.

You should have seen their little faces when I read out your post.
Hmm, clearly top jackal is about to eat bottom jackal in its sleep
848_02856419en_Masterfile.jpg

And @TonyM the Irish that fled famine in the 19th century were illegal immigrants to the US. They were welcomed. The place has changed since.
Me going to the US illegally today should not be acceptable. I should need a VISA. Cos I'd be an economic illegal migrant. Not necessarily trouble but consuming resources and opportunities that American parents worked hard to provide for their kids.

Someone from a war zone should (you'd think) have to make some petition for asylum. Where and how I've no clue but there should be a process.

It's all about scale though I'd expect.

If a 20 immigrants came ashore on a small boat in Kinsale after fleeing Yemen in sure the locals and the government would be pretty welcoming. If 200 came over the following weeks it'd be a different story until eventually they'd not be welcomed at all. Somewhere in between a fair process would be needed.

This used to be a country & a people - that despite our many warts - prided ourselves on being a "melting pot". A land of hope where people could go to improve their life and find new opportunities that weren't available to them elsewhere.

(There was obviously hypocrisy in this notion and you don't have to look much further then slavery and treatment of the Native Americans - but at the end of the day the US was a country founded on freedom, acceptance, and upward movement)

This is an absolute disgrace. Everything that has happened here the past 2 years is an absolute disgrace. I used to joke about it, but I am truly embarrassed to be American right now. I feel so utterly helpless and flat out disgusted about where we are right. The rest of the world should shun us completely right now. We are so broken and I worry it's beyond repair.

Me going to the US illegally today should not be acceptable. I should need a VISA. Cos I'd be an economic illegal migrant. Not necessarily trouble but consuming resources and opportunities that American parents worked hard to provide for their kids.

Someone from a war zone should (you'd think) have to make some petition for asylum. Where and how I've no clue but there should be a process.

If a 20 immigrants came ashore on a small boat in Kinsale after fleeing Yemen in sure the locals and the government would be pretty welcoming. If 200 came over the following weeks it'd be a different story until eventually they'd not be welcomed at all. Somewhere in between a fair process would be needed.

You can be against illegal immigration and still be against separating families and sticking children in modern day concentration camps, dude. The two are not mutually exclusive.

We've taken in 6,000 in those circumstances through Dublin, Drogheda, Rosslare and lots of smaller ports across Munster. They're all in housing from Mosney in Meath down to Lisdoonvarna in Clare and there's even 2 families down the road from me in Waterville. They were brought in safely from the seas by the Irish navy and fair dues to the navy lads for the work they're after doing.

You'd be an illegal migrant now as you've no reason to claim asylum. You've no persecution and every chance in life. You live in a country where you complain about disposable income. These poor cunts are fleeing from a country where they've no safety, no security, no guarantee their children will live through another day. If a town a wealthy and prosperous as Kinsale were to give out about giving sanctuary to a couple of hundred people that have been through hell I'd suggest that the town as a whole need a kick in the fucking teeth.

I am not excusing caging kids. I'm saying is that dealing with immigration is painful and complex for all concerned.

I'd hope that sense will prevail soon regarding these poor people and this policy...but the bigger migration dilemma remains to be solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.