Could we get off to a slow start with a world cup hangover?

W W

worsleyweb

I am assuming quite a few of our lads will get to the latter stages of the world cup and just noted the charity shield is something like 42 days away.

Is anyone a bit worried about how we may start the season? Wolves and Arsenal in the first 3 games is not easy and it will be very interesting to see when players return for pre season and if Pep uses a lot the players who have not been at the world cup a lot early on.

I can see Sane, LaPorte, Mahrez if he signs being absolutely pivotal early on.

I'm anticipating that Stones, Sterling, Delph and Walker will be very well rested as well. Aguero, Otamendi and Messi might be a bit tired.

Must admits its a concern I have too. Now doubt Maureen and Klippity will have their teams ready to go from the off with max points from the first few games. Its going to be very competitive next year and dropping any points will be crucial.

I am assuming quite a few of our lads will get to the latter stages of the world cup and just noted the charity shield is something like 42 days away.

Is anyone a bit worried about how we may start the season? Wolves and Arsenal in the first 3 games is not easy and it will be very interesting to see when players return for pre season and if Pep uses a lot the players who have not been at the world cup a lot early on.

I can see Sane, LaPorte, Mahrez if he signs being absolutely pivotal early on.

I'm very worried about the start. World cup hangover plus the annual shafting over by our friends in the FA have done us no favours even before a ball has been kicked.
Away yet again first up and then away again last game, no boxing day or game over Christmas for the THIRD season running (it use to rotate) and they have "selected" Arsenal away as the first game for us, busting the myth that except where City are involved they keep away the top6 fixtures from the first game.
I expect a slow start from us but hope i'm wrong.

I'm very worried about the start. World cup hangover plus the annual shafting over by our friends in the FA have done us no favours eve before a ball has been kicked.
Away yet again first up and then away again last game, no boxing day or game over Christmas for the THIRD season running (it use to rotate) and they have "selected" Arsenal away as the first game for us, busting the myth that except where City are involved they keep away the top6 fixtures from the first game.
I expect a slow start from us but hope i'm wrong.
Its not a myth there has been other top 6 meetings on the first day, we have not had one since we were a top team as far as I can remember. I would argue in a world cup year that is harder to have the so called lesser teams early on

Its not a myth there has been other top 6 meetings on the first day, we have not had one since we were a top team as far as I can remember. I would argue in a world cup year that is harder to have the so called lesser teams early on

True - too be honest i'm more annoyed with the Christmas and last day away. Rags always seem to get better fixtures over Christmas.

I agree would be nice to have a fixture on boxing day or at least before New Year in the Xmas fixtures but it didn't do us any harm last season

I'm anticipating that Stones, Sterling, Delph and Walker will be very well rested as well. Aguero, Otamendi and Messi might be a bit tired.
I think most if not all our players will get to the quarter finals, between the quarters and the final is only a week so not sure any of ours will be that well rested.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.