Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s just see on Sunday then mate. If Sterling doesn’t score but has a good game, I predict he’ll still be subbed ( if he even starts).
If we concede a goal, it’ll be blamed on stones or walker. We saw that before the wc started in a friendly. I’ll admit that some in the media are far worse than others. I’m not saying it’s the whole of the uk media. Those without an axe to grind or have a vested interest tend to see the bigger picture and understand football. The likes of Hoddle and Tyler despise everything about us for some reason.
You say fans of other clubs feel that they come in for the same treatment, I disagree. I’ve listened for it and have never heard it.
I’ve never heard a commentator greet another team scoring with, “oh no”!!!
How can you disagree fans of other clubs feel the same for their clubs? My boss, a rag, thinks Fernandinho is the most protected player in the entire league. Thinks he gets away with murder.

My knowledge is fine, just not hampered by pro club bias. As I’ve said, fans of other clubs say their clubs are targeted.

I'm not saying they don't, but you need to stop using that as a means to suggest that we are not targeted, because that is inaccurate.

Your very good at sitting on the fence, with sweeping generalisations about other clubs feeling the same way somehow infers that we are not targeted.

I'll say it again. You have a lack of knowledge. I and many on this board could give you a very detailed synopsis of exactly where we are targeted but it would be wasted on you.

Stop playing the wise guy.

Probably already been posted, but the Liverpool Echo is holding out an Olive branch to Sterling.

Even they think it's gone too far.

But will Liverpool fans? Probably not.

Raheem Sterling, Liverpool and why it's time to move on over his departure
Sterling isn't the most popular former Liverpool star -but perhaps it's time for Reds fans to forget, if they can't forgive

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...s/raheem-sterling-liverpool-its-time-14816826

Our club IS targeted and so are some of our players. The evidence is overwhelming. You choose to ignore that.

There are many existing old guard and part of the cartel that don't enjoy our new positioning. Money talks.

There is a much deeper under belly to it all and your generalisations are far too forgiving and show an alarming lack of knowledge.

No clubs managers have been more criticised over the past few years than LVG, Moyes and Mourinho and another of the representatives of the old guard Wenger has got stick in the media for years. How do you explain this? Its been constant praise this year which is contrary to the claims many on here made that even if we were successful that would never happen.

No clubs managers have been more criticised over the past few years than LVG, Moyes and Mourinho and another of the representatives of the old guard Wenger has got stick in the media for years. How do you explain this? Its been constant praise this year which is contrary to the claims many on here made that even if we were successful that would never happen.

I don't need to because I'm not talking about the media.

How can you disagree fans of other clubs feel the same for their clubs? My boss, a rag, thinks Fernandinho is the most protected player in the entire league. Thinks he gets away with murder.
It’s a different thing altogether pidge.
ALL players at some time get favourable decisions no matter who they play for.
I’m talking about pundits and commentators targeting our players for criticism for no other reason than the club they play for. It’s not an issue concerning individual events, it’s a collective and too much of a collective to be mere coincidence.

It’s a different thing altogether pidge.
ALL players at some time get favourable decisions no matter who they play for.
I’m talking about pundits and commentators targeting our players for criticism for no other reason than the club they play for. It’s not an issue concerning individual events, it’s a collective and too much of a collective to be mere coincidence.
Giroud was criticised the other night. Jesus was praised today and criticised. Ota was rightfully hammered, and he deserved no less. Sterling is targeted uniquely but that’s a weird one. Neymar was hammered today. If rashford replaces sterling and fluffs his lines, he will be slated. No treatment we get is unique. Ask around, we are the darling and so are our players - unless you support us and think otherwise and also as an aside think other clubs get favourable treatment.

I don't need to because I'm not talking about the media.

My apologies for jumping to such a conclusion. I think I was tricked by you responding to a message about the media from a poster and the fact you was writing in the media thread.

You’re confusing inescapable facts which nobody can deny with a dripfeed of shitty remarks which are baseless and a matter of opinion.
Who could say moyes and van gaal were a success? It’s quite clear they weren’t.
Who could say mourinho plays attractive football? His side clearly doesn’t.
To say otherwise is stupidly.
Singling out players and laying blame isn’t fact based, it’s opinion.

The reason LVG, Moyes, and Mourinho are criticised by the media...Is because of bitter disappointment that their little darlings are not winning the PL
and what makes it worse for them is City are winning the PL in style

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.