Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s gone backwards there and for one reason or another has turned into a right miserable and surly sod. He can’t wait to get away.
He’d still be, at best, third in line for a starting place if he came here.

Doubt whether he or his agent would consider that a good move in terms of his career progression.

Not convinced he’s all that, at top level either, to be honest. Certainly no better than Kelechi, who Pep, wrongly in my view, didn’t consider good enough to be third in line.

Mahrez has played 1 game on the LW(vs swansea 2015) in his 4 seasons in the Premier league
He's left footed, Pep changed Sane from a left footer that plays on the right to a left sided player, sure he can play Mahrez there when he wants to.. If he didn't think he could play him either side I doubt we would buy him as Pep has repeatedly said he wants a player that can play across the front 3.

You can't have watched him playing regularly and possibly say that. This is simply not true.

Out of the criticism he can get, this is the first time I've heard it and I saw almost every game of his, from the first to the last minute. I can't count the number of times where he pulled a through pass out of nothing or found our players whilst being swarmed. His awareness is remarkable and he rarely misses a good run.

Sure he can have a go at the defenders, which flair player doesn't, but he searches first for the team mate in the best position. If there is no movement around him, which often happens with us then he'll try take on the defense and get the ball as near as possible from the box.

I understand that a lot of people didn't him watch as we do, but this kind of criticism is absolutely uncalled for.
How dare you criticise and challenge the opinion of BM's no.1 resident expert on all things football.......shocking behaviour! you're on thin ice matey!!

He's left footed, Pep changed Sane from a left footer that plays on the right to a left sided player, sure he can play Mahrez there when he wants to.. If he didn't think he could play him either side I doubt we would buy him as Pep has repeatedly said he wants a player that can play across the front 3.

Yeah I reckon he could play in the left but can't say he can due to lack of evidence.

Sane played right, left, cam and striker for Schalke, Pep just locked him to the position he felt he was best at and he has excelled so Pep was right.

You can't have watched him playing regularly and possibly say that. This is simply not true.

Out of the criticism he can get, this is the first time I've heard it and I saw almost every game of his, from the first to the last minute. I can't count the number of times where he pulled a through pass out of nothing or found our players whilst being swarmed. His awareness is remarkable and he rarely misses a good run.

Sure he can have a go at the defenders, which flair player doesn't, but he searches first for the team mate in the best position. If there is no movement around him, which often happens with us then he'll try take on the defense and get the ball as near as possible from the box.

I understand that a lot of people didn't him watch as we do, but this kind of criticism is absolutely uncalled for.
I can't see who you're replying to but I presume it's Dax. He doesn't actually watch players, just googles their stats.

This hasn't been talked about much, but Mahrez's vision and his understanding of timing is pretty poor.

He often covers this with skillful play. But the number of times he fails to see a play developing is pretty disappointing.

Hopefully Pep can improve this part of his game. And perhaps better talent around him would help.

But watch any of his dribbling videos and time and time again he is busy dribbling 'head down' and misses key opportunities.
1st prize for the biggest load of shite on the Mahrez thread, you’ve obviously made this up as you can’t possibly have seen him play

Don’t get upset mate, no one takes Dax seriously when analysing a player.

This hasn't been talked about much, but Mahrez's vision and his understanding of timing is pretty poor.

He often covers this with skillful play. But the number of times he fails to see a play developing is pretty disappointing.

Hopefully Pep can improve this part of his game. And perhaps better talent around him would help.

But watch any of his dribbling videos and time and time again he is busy dribbling 'head down' and misses key opportunities.

His vision is one of the stronger (and most underrated) parts of his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.