N'Golo Kante

Real Madrid was rumoured more than once, and he had like a 20m £ clause, but ended up costing 30m £
It was a stitch up. Sven is still friendly with the owners, so he submitted a 30m bid on behalf of his Chinese club, which upped the ante! Still a bargain by today's crazy standards though.

Don't be a prick mate, I've had a season ticket since 1988. I just disgree with you.
I believe Silva will play for us where he has 90% of his career. Excatly where he played for Spain. From the left. Is it his best position? No.

Hence my arguement, our recruitment is bizare and contradictory to our best players.

Silva plays best as a 10, arguably the best in the league. So we buy another one, along with a left winger who's right footed. Non of it makes sense. It doesn't balance. Silva has been in England years, it looks like he's beginning to struggle with the pace as he enters his 30's, so your solution is to put him centre mid in a team with a manager that demands a high intensity press??

And I don't watch games?

So do you still believe we are "woefully light" in midfield because Silva and De Bruyne can't play in central midfield in a high pressing game?

So do you still believe we are "woefully light" in midfield because Silva and De Bruyne can't play in central midfield in a high pressing game?

Yes. And I don't believe Fernandinho will be able to continue do do his role without a rest.
While Delph and Fernando are on the bench I will continue to believe so. As they wouldn't get on the bench in Madrid, Munich, Turin or Barcelona or Stretford for that matter.

Silva certainly has the ability to play there. I remain unconvinced that's its De Bruyne's best position.

Yes. And I don't believe Fernandinho will be able to continue do do his role without a rest.
While Delph and Fernando are on the bench I will continue to believe so. As they wouldn't get on the bench in Madrid, Munich, Turin or Barcelona or Stretford for that matter.

Silva certainly has the ability to play there. I remain unconvinced that's its De Bruyne's best position.

We have four top class international players (Fernandinho, Gundogan, Silva and De Bruyne) for three positions. Backed up by Delph who is a current England international and Fernando who managed to get us to the Champions League semi-final in a midfield two in a team devoid of tactics, all of which will improve under a head coach/manager currently regarded as the best in the world and you're still unhappy and think we're woefully short. Well fuck me sideways.

We have four top class international players (Fernandinho, Gundogan, Silva and De Bruyne) for three positions. Backed up by Delph who is a current England international and Fernando who managed to get us to the Champions League semi-final in a midfield two in a team devoid of tactics, all of which will improve under a head coach/manager currently regarded as the best in the world and you're still unhappy and think we're woefully short. Well fuck me sideways.

I know, let's nevervimprove, let's stick with what we've got. Fuck progression.

Didn't Guardiola himself say he'd have a whole squad of midfielders if he could or words to that effect?

I think we're one top level,centre mid light. Three games won't change that opinion. By all means if we win the league and CL then feel free to say 'I told you so'. It's a long hard season in the Prem and our manager loves midfielders. I think we're light.

Didn't Guardiola himself say he'd have a whole squad of midfielders if he could or words to that effect?

I think we're one top level,centre mid light. Three games won't change that opinion. By all means if we win the league and CL then feel free to say 'I told you so'. It's a long hard season in the Prem and our manager loves midfielders. I think we're light.

You're making stuff up, who said "never improve" and "fuck progression" because I sure as hell didn't. I specifically said all our players will improve under what is currently regarded as the best head coach/manager in world football.

If you remember correctly I actually said we might need one more, mainly because KDB and Silva maybe a bit too attack minded to play together against the likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich. You were the one who said we were so "woefully light" we needed a minimum of two, so your opinion has clearly changed, hence my job is complete in the context of a football forum. Thank you and have a good day sir.

Gundogan is the best centre midfield player since Xavi at his best. Mark my words he will win player of the season he is that good. I love the fact the media has almost dismissed this signing he is twice the player Kante is. The player I wanted most in world football I think he will surprise everybody how good he is. I have seen him control games against top opposition the way Xavi did for years. So relax we already signed the best in the world in that position.
It will be interesting to see which of chelsea utd and ourselves have picked up the better central midfield player.
and..which is the most cost efffective.

I completely agree with this, with everyone fit we've got Gundogan & Dinho, followed by Delph & Fernando (not counting Yaya as he's a goner & I'm sick of watching him saunter around the pitch in a blue shirt - thankfully Guardiola seems to agree).

I think Fernando could be replaced with a world class midfielder and that would greatly improve our first 11 with Gundogan and someone like Kroos in the middle. Nothing against Dinho, but we could improve on him.

I do think we'll get by for this season with the midfield we have though and maybe be able to win the league, but getting by is not what Pep's after.

Dinho is one of the most underratted players in the prem, just like Barry was in his time at City. Cant wait to see Gundogan fit and see the different combinations Pep uses.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.