Carrying cash.

Bill Walker

Team supported
City
Interesting one this.
For about 2 years now Ive carried no cash, I pay for everything with my credit card.
I pay all the household bills with cc as well.....everything. Rates, Grocery, Bills etc
I pay off the cc bill every month so pay no interest. For each $1 I spend I get an air mile.
Up to now Ive had free flights to the USA, Tokyo and Hong Kong plus some internal flights in Oz

Does anybody else live like this

No, I work indirectly(subsidiary) for the second biggest bank in the world, refuse to have a credit card after seeing the way that shite works from the inside.

Bills on direct debit

When going out always carry cash, use the when it's gone it's home time, also factor in taxi leave money in the wallet, sperate, if I end up walking home or the night bus, a nice little bit of cash that I forgot about found about a week later.

Only use cards when needing a quick shop for me tea on way home and no cash on me, just eat take away or for amazon/onlime purchasing.

Know people go out and use contactless for any night out, then moan they are skint near end of the month, because they were not paying attention to what was spent, not knocking cards they are a godsend at times, but prefer cash

Last edited:
I have noticed how youngsters use contactless cards more than us older people.

My son just taps his card for everything. They have no real filter when out on the piss.

I was out with him and some of his mates. Splashing the card about. You do not see what you are spending.

We’ll be pretty much a cashless society within a generation, which the establishment are working towards, for understandable reasons. Fraud will be harder to commit as a consequence, especially against the exchequer.

To think, my dad used to pay mine and my brother’s school fees in cash! He said the school bursar never blinked once. Fucking hilarious and virtually impossible to do so today. The means to pay for things with cash will gradually diminish over the next couple of decades.

We’ll be pretty much a cashless society within a generation, which the establishment are working towards, for understandable reasons. Fraud will be harder to commit as a consequence, especially against the exchequer.

To think, my dad used to pay mine and my brother’s school fees in cash! He said the school bursar never blinked once. Fucking hilarious and virtually impossible to do so today. The means to pay for things with cash will gradually diminish over the next couple of decades.
You can skim a contactless card by standing next to someone. It will reduce muggings though.

Interesting one this.
For about 2 years now Ive carried no cash, I pay for everything with my credit card.
I pay all the household bills with cc as well.....everything. Rates, Grocery, Bills etc
I pay off the cc bill every month so pay no interest. For each $1 I spend I get an air mile.
Up to now Ive had free flights to the USA, Tokyo and Hong Kong plus some internal flights in Oz

Does anybody else live like this
The only people I see paying for groceries with cash are pensioners

Other than that, cab, domestic cleaner, and one important category:restaurant bills. Because if you pay tips in cash then less easy for the establishment to grab them

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.