World Cup 2018 | 11th July | SF: Croatia vs England Match Thread, KO 19:00 (BST)

Disappointed but we weren’t unlucky. Did nothing after half time. Croatia were better than us by far. Unfortunately Kane went missing and no-one else looked like scoring. We were completely dominated in midfield. Definitely overachieved and we’ll be better in 4 years. Desperately need a creative midfielder.

Stones was at fault for that goal, if that was Maguire or someone other than Stones this thread would be filled with posts calling out the defensive error of that individual, I get that Stones is immune to criticism here but surely sometimes common sense has to prevail.
Third post saying the same thing, we ignored you the first time !

Stones was at fault for that goal, if that was Maguire or someone other than Stones this thread would be filled with posts calling out the defensive error of that individual, I get that Stones is immune to criticism here but surely sometimes common sense has to prevail.

Yes he switched off but he wasn’t the only one. Trippier didn’t even attempt the first header.
Back 5 were fucked because they had nothing in front and it kept coming back at them.

Wingbacks stopped getting forward as Croatia put players high up, and just like the Belgium and Colombia matches, that left too few upfield and no width at all.
With Young forced narrow and back, Alli was asked to do things he isn't used to - covering the left flank, and the central players were outnumbered.
It looked the same as in both the others, particularly the Colombia match.

After halftime, I thought there wasn't much difficulty for Vida, and obviously Modric coming on at halftime (!) turned the game. Him, Perisic and Mandzukic were very good.

What annoyed me, was the amount of time the Croatians had to run to pick up a free ball.
I swear i saw one of them go off for a ciggie and still get the ball.

Good tournament from England though.

Just missing a couple of key players to reach and maybe win a final.

We can help with that, England and City need Foden to develop and become a proper player.

Sancho could also be around that team in 2 years, which might help with the balance of the side, Sancho on the left, Sterling on the right.

they wont get another chance like that matey, the final was on a platter and presented, as for the team if GS stays on he can mould them for the next world cup but taken into account all the players available were a long long way behind,,not GS fault i blame it on the England old guard insisting on the like of bloody Wayne Rooney,English football was screwed years ago and the result is now to be seen

Fuck off stones was immense. Let’s talk about Kane jogging around the centre circle all game , or Henderson , or dele ali the mosoverrated piece of wank ever.

The back 5 , Lingard sterling Pickford tried really hard. The rest were utter wank

You are right I have seen the light it’s all stones fault.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.