World Cup 2018 | 11th July | SF: Croatia vs England Match Thread, KO 19:00 (BST)

Southgate says "he (Kane) had no injury issues before the game".

If that's the case, Kane should hang his head in shame, because he did no running at all, and offered nothing tonight. None of the spineless pundits dare call him out though. The same spineless c**ts that have been slagging off Sterling since the day he joined City.
Do you not think Englands hoof ball over the top tactics had something to do with Kane's poor performance?

For me the team was ok, but tactically niaive by southgate in subs.

Players like Ali who are carried at club level by erickson, but rated by media have been given leeway to be woeful and still picked.
On rashford, for me he is like jesus give him space to run on a nd the ball at his feet and he will score and score worldies, but he is never going to drop back and create a goal.
The U17 and U20 won championships and if they progress at club level players like foden will be contenders for the Euroe and WC

we played really well throughout the tournament, when no one expected us to do anything. most people are proud of this England team
They didn't that's why there out. You cant go through a tournament not being able to fashionfa goal from open play and call that good form. It caught up with them tonight.

Hopefully the thread has slowed down enough to get a decent post in....

Bottom line, Southgate has had a fantastic effect on the team but he fucked up massve style tonight.

Aside from being 1-0 and missing numerous chances to kill the game, the way Croatia got back int the game was very simple - we were playing a 5-3-2 and they just pushed their fullbacks forward which meant on both sides they had a 2 v 1 overload, it was so fucking simple it was untrue. He HAD to go 5-4-1 so there was nothing in particular wrong with the Rasg=ford sub as long as he went wide. However clueless Southgate just froze and couldn’t adjust.

When looking at particular players - Young was horrific, Alli was a ghost, Kane was wank, Henderson was back to useless.

I've thought it all tournament - Belgium and Colombia both pushed wide men up and England's threat disappeared without wingbacks to provide width.

I thought Henderson had an impossible job - Modric and Rakitic and Brozovic by himself!

England lose and it turns into the match day forum. Maybe they could of done better today but fuck me that’s a fantastic achievement right across the squad. Every credit right across the squad to a man and the future looks bright for England
You started drinking early!!
It won't change until the "management", as opposed to the manager, stop picking players from clubs whose players sell most shirts, irrespective of how good they are, and keep them on however badly they play.

It's been England's problem for over 40 years.

Hopefully the thread has slowed down enough to get a decent post in....

Bottom line, Southgate has had a fantastic effect on the team but he fucked up massve style tonight.

Aside from being 1-0 and missing numerous chances to kill the game, the way Croatia got back int the game was very simple - we were playing a 5-3-2 and they just pushed their fullbacks forward which meant on both sides they had a 2 v 1 overload, it was so fucking simple it was untrue. He HAD to go 5-4-1 so there was nothing in particular wrong with the Rasg=ford sub as long as he went wide. However clueless Southgate just froze and couldn’t adjust.

When looking at particular players - Young was horrific, Alli was a ghost, Kane was wank, Henderson was back to useless.
I thought he would resist the temptation to allow the clueless media and public opinion to make his decisions for him. But he blew that today with truly awful game management.

We'll see more of this kind of games if we persist with 3-5-2 against top sides and this Croatian side is one of them. And having undroppable player when he is out of the game completely. I hope we are not seeing the beginning of another 'Rooney effect'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.