World Cup 2018 | 11th July | SF: Croatia vs England Match Thread, KO 19:00 (BST)

I'd say England did more or less as expected given the fixtures they had. Beat teams that they should beat and lost to the teams that were their equal or slightly better.

I can't really see them doing much better in tournaments until they find a bit more quality in midfield.

It's a shame though as this was about as good an opportunity as you can hope for in a World Cup.

Croatia were there for the taking France will beat them comfortably.

Bottled it.

Stupid comment.

We were exposed due to a lack of creativity and quality in midfield , where Croatia have the likes of Modric and Rakatic , and a failure to take chances when we were on top in the first half.

The team didn't lose due to.a lack of effort but due to the lack of better quality personnel.

I'd say England did more or less as expected given the fixtures they had. Beat teams that they should beat and lost to the teams that were their equal or slightly better.

I can't really see them doing much better in tournaments until they find a bit more quality in midfield.

It's a shame though as this was about as good an opportunity as you can hope for in a World Cup.
Exactly.

I think Southgate deserves most of the blame as the system just has never been balanced and has never really worked in open play, it just took the first decent midfield we played against to brutally expose that.

The system worked fine in the first half.

Can't believe I'm gonna say this but lads there not shit, there just ridiculously overhyped. The criticism is to severe there above average young pros playing amongst world class players at club level.

Similar to Raheem Sterling then?

There was some quality hoofing going on tonight for sure. The second half was solid Wimbledon without the end product. If only bogbrush was English or Andy Carroll was fit.

Hooooooooooooooooooooof and defend

#plucky

Players gave their all though n fairness

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.