We've got enough....

You don’t think letting ourselves get overun for three halves out of four and not creating enough chances didn’t have something to do with it?
Two halves. Clearly refereeing errors were a key factor. If there was VAR, I think we'd have won that tie. You may think differently. You should know by now that key decisions and goals can change the course of a game. After Sane's goal was ruled out and Liverpool hit us on the counter, that was it. Game over.

I keep seeing this?

We don't need to replace Toure, he went missing for the last three years.

Fernandinho certainly needs help but he was doing Toure's job for him anyway.
Two years ago he did a decent job I reckon which is why we renewed, but my reading of the statement of needing to replace Toure is more for the position he occupied rather than the job he did. He was back up to Fern last year fortunately Fern was rarely injured or suspended last year so that job wasn't really required and Gundogan could do it on an occasional basis though more often he did his work further forward backing up SIlva and De Bruyne. This year Fern is a year older may not be as lucky with injuries and hasn't really had a rest at the world cup. Personally I think we could use someone there.

Not bothered. Last year with a record setting team despite Silva having a great deal of absence, Aguero and Jesus injuries as well as Gundo, Mendy out basically the entire way... We will be better this year. Id rather be done with moves now than bring in an overpriced signing who isnt an ideal fit.

I keep seeing this?

We don't need to replace Toure, he went missing for the last three years.

Fernandinho certainly needs help but he was doing Toure's job for him anyway.
We DO need to replace Toure because we've been really lucky that Fern hasn't had any serious injuries.

We DO need to replace Toure because we've been really lucky that Fern hasn't had any serious injuries.
I agree. We were lucky that Fernandinho didn't have any injury. He is 33 now and I don't think he can maintain the superhuman levels of last season. It's too much to ask of him imo.
The funny thing is people here wanted the Mahrez signing when we had cover for the RW position but the same people are saying that we don't need a cover for Fernandinho when we are so lightweight in that position.

I agree. We were lucky that Fernandinho didn't have any injury. He is 33 now and I don't think he can maintain the superhuman levels of last season. It's too much to ask of him imo.
The funny thing is people here wanted the Mahrez signing when we had cover for the RW position but the same people are saying that we don't need a cover for Fernandinho when we are so lightweight in that position.

People need to stop thinking of players being only available for one position. What we NEED to do is replace Yaya's position in the 17. We did that with Mahrez (and it was quite the upgrade). Its up to Pep to figure out how they line up. What we definitely do NOT NEED is an overweight and old CM who never plays and takes up a valuable roster spot.

I think its a big risk to go into the season without another central midfielder that can play Ferna's role....I keep seeing Ilky's name and he undoubtedly offers more going forward than Ferna bu defensively he is shocking. For a professional footballer his tackling is non existent. For most games we will get away with it but int he games that really count I wouldn't have him in there at all

We need someone else

People need to stop thinking of players being only available for one position. What we NEED to do is replace Yaya's position in the 17. We did that with Mahrez (and it was quite the upgrade). Its up to Pep to figure out how they line up. What we definitely do NOT NEED is an overweight and old CM who never plays and takes up a valuable roster spot.
But we need to keep a balance in the 17 players squad. If you are saying that we replaced Yaya with Mahrez, don't you think we are light in the CM area then? Upgrading is specific to the positions on the pitch not just the squad. We can sell Gundogan and buy Messi. Do you think it's an upgrade relevant to the CM position?

But we need to keep a balance in the 17 players squad. If you are saying that we replaced Yaya with Mahrez, don't you think we are light in the CM area then? Upgrading is specific to the positions on the pitch not just the squad. We can sell Gundogan and buy Messi. Do you think it's an upgrade relevant to the CM position?

Not really as I think it is pretty clear that Bernardo was bought last summer as a CM and ended up playing RW because Sanchez fell through.

So, really, we just finally got our final attacker that Pep prioritized LAST summer allowing Bernardo move to his natural 8 position to rotate with Kevin and Silva.

That allows Gundogan to move back to the position that we bought him for (DM) to serve as an alternative to Dinho.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.