A Tale of Two Citys...

I'm at work today and I'm reminiscing about the Old Days about the club with a colleague, when I realised that I'd forgotten all about my angst about my club's 'ethos' and direction when the Good Sheikh took over.

Saying that, I know a friend or two who still follow City, but have still boycotted the club.

My initial concern over 'buying the title' and what our image would look like after the buyout has disappeared and I don't know when that happened. I actually feel like the 'Doubting Thomas' that was me 10 years ago is a figment of my imagination now!

I do know that the years of media bias against City steeled me, but I don't when I crossed the 'Fook 'Em All!' bridge!

Are there still people you know that boycott the club...?
You are David Conn and I win £5

Seriously is there anyone except David Conn?
Colin Schindler doesn't go (did he ever really go except to write a book), but he still hopes we finish about United.
Manic depression is what I call it. The love of misery.

Incidentally the UK is still worse than the UAE according to Amnesty.

Only one I know of..

Conn.jpg

FC United- Punk Football

Does that mean done by amateur tramps and only lasted 4 years before disappearing forever

The World is changing, Man City is a worldwide brand not the local club anymore.

Didn't Russ (Rascal) have an issue at one point?

Don't see him on here these days, so I wonder if that issue was linked to the similar thought pattern to the people I know about the changing identity of the club [at the time] or whether it was totally unrelated?

If it was connected, I wonder where he stands now?

I honestly don’t know anybody who has boycotted the club because of the takeover now or ever

A few did over Thaksin Shinawatra. I note City have swept the fact Sheikh Mansour has two wives under the carpet. I find his wealth obscene but don’t mind the football too much.

I liked it when Chelsea broke up the dominance of the rags, and the old "top four". It gave me hope that one day a rich benefactor might take us to similar levels.

It has been a dream come true since Sheikh Mansour bought us. A brilliant owner, investing in the club and community, (contrast that to the Glazers!).

Our fans our amongst the most loyal in the country, despite ups and downs. You don't always get what you deserve, but surely part of the reason SM bought us was our loyal fan base. A perfect match.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deloitte_Football_Money_League

Any interested enough should click on this link to see if we did indeed have a lottery win. If they can then be bothered to scroll down to 2007 to see we were actually 17th out of the whole of Europe in Deloitte Money league and the 7th highest in England.

The only other viable option for investment in England out of those clubs was Newcastle United, with it’s city centre location, run down stadium and no real scope to expand. We on the other hand had a brand new stadium, huge tracts of land which could be purchased and built on, and love him or hate him driven business types like Gary Cook who really went for it when they heard the good Sheikh was interested.

It was not in anyway a lottery win but a sound business decision which had the audacity to bear fruit. Very bitter fruit to some it seems.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.