A Tale of Two Citys...

I suppose the point I was trying to make was that we wasn’t just plucked out of thin air like most lottery winners are, we were chosen from a select group of clubs for our overall potential for growth in every area of the club and hopefully into one of the worlds finest. Everything was already in place, high turnover, new stadium and a traditionally (massive) fan base which had the potential to grow worldwide.

When it happened I do admit it seemed like we had won the lottery, but with hindsight l see it for what it was. A major player in the financial world predicting the growth of a product (Premier League) and also devising a way to not only buy into that product but also use as a way to promote his other interests worldwide.

I just feel we should have more respect for ourselves and let the deluded masses put a label on it. We were a bloody good club who had just been terribly mismanaged for far too long and had started getting it’s act together that’s all. We are immensely lucky to have got an owner such as the good Sheikh but as a club and fans I feel we should realise maybe we deserved it after all.

I suppose the point I was trying to make was that we wasn’t just plucked out of thin air like most lottery winners are, we were chosen from a select group of clubs for our overall potential for growth in every area of the club and hopefully into one of the worlds finest. Everything was already in place, high turnover, new stadium and a traditionally (massive) fan base which had the potential to grow worldwide.

When it happened I do admit it seemed like we had won the lottery, but with hindsight l see it for what it was. A major player in the financial world predicting the growth of a product (Premier League) and also devising a way to not only buy into that product but also use as a way to promote his other interests worldwide.

I just feel we should have more respect for ourselves and let the deluded masses put a label on it. We were a bloody good club who had just been terribly mismanaged for far too long and had started getting it’s act together that’s all. We are immensely lucky to have got an owner such as the good Sheikh but as a club and fans I feel we should realise maybe we deserved it after all.
Cannot disagree with any of that, but there were/are other large dreadfully run clubs that could have fit the bill
Two major advantages that Cooke sold was the huge population within an hour drive of Manchester and a major international airport on the doorstep

What does that have to do with anything, I doubt he's planning on getting married again in the centre circle at the Etihad.

Do you believe a man should have two wives? He’s of a background that believes the earth is 6000 years old and that evolution through natural selection isn’t the explanation for our presence on earth.

If I remember correctly the infrastructure was a major part of the decision the stadium and fan base. As I understand it Liarpool and the barcodes were also courted but Fck up (thanks mike Ashley). The lady that brokered the deal can’t remember her name (should do she is still fckhot) had also offered scouse pool nd the codes but they didn’t take it seriously.

I think it was Everton, rather than the buswreckers, who were a possible takeover target for ADUG, as well as Newcastle.

Do you believe a man should have two wives? He’s of a background that believes the earth is 6000 years old and that evolution through natural selection isn’t the explanation for our presence on earth.
1. I no longer bother moralising too much about personal relationships, each to their own as long as the people involved are content with the arrangement.
2. I have no idea what his real beliefs are and I doubt that you do either. People of whatever religion who take every word of their holy books literally tend to be on the fundamentalist fringe rather than part of the majority.

It’s illegal here. Would you share your wife with another man?

a) he doesn't live here, b) what I would do is irrelevant, I wouldn't impose my personal morality on others c) I thought we were supposed to respect other cultures and d) we've moved on, men can marry men, women can marry women, why shouldn't a bloke have as many wives as he, and they are happy with ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.