Champions League 2018/2019 (Shaktar Donetsk, Lyon, Hoffenheim)

Word of caution for people flying to Frankfurt.

Frankfurt am main is the airport is closest to the city. The other is frankfurt-hahn which is nowhere near frankfurt and has no train station. You'd be surprised the amount of people who fly to hahn thinking they are at the main airport. Including my sister I wasn't happy having to drive between two airports.

Also anyone who is thinking of making a few days of it I can recommend Heidelberg and I think about an hour from the stadium on the Tram
Thanks - for the advice - just posted asking for recommendations on making it a good break - I will look up Heidelberg then

Frightful piece of good fortune. I'm in Munich for the beer festival for r kids 50th on the same date of the Hoffenien game.. all blues too. We're getting the train which is about 3 hours..Gonna be some right old states. I love it when a plan comes together ;-) All I need now is a ticket.
Now that has made me think...……

If I cannot persuade the wife to go I can do a couple of days in Munich and then a couple of days in Heidelberg/Hoffenheim.

I was at the Oktoberfest a few years ago when we played Bayern - fuck but there were some pissed up blues those few days

I’ve said this before on here but, if done right, it’s no problem whatsoever. Day trippers can be given theirs on the plane, the rest can pick up at a central hotel or outside the stadium. I’ve done it for over a decade following England and it never takes more than a few minutes. It often lets you find a few bars en route that otherwise you may not have come across. The fact that City made a complete balls up at Celtic shouldn’t deter them from trying to get it right from now on.
I enjoyed it when CITY were doing it, did not find it particularly a chore and enjoyed finding a few bars near the pickup point with lots of fans in having a great time - obviously Glasgow was a balls up.

I think - just personal opinion - that a lot of people that are against it are those that pick their games and let others use their ticket for those that they aren't bothering with

Anyway best not to divert the thread

Heidelberg is about 30-40min by train away from the ground. Beautiful City, about 30000 students and a fantastic old town with many bars. As the 3rd October is a bank holiday in Germany it should be fun after the match. We’ll stay at the Ibis next to the main station.
It looks like there is a train from Karlsruhe to Heidelberg takes about 40mins.
Having trouble getting a train straight to Hoffenheim after that.

I am going to take my 'no interest in football' wife to the Hoffenheim game and make it a 3 or 4 day city break - any recommendations on nearby towns / places to stay that would make for a good city break - obviously not too far from the stadium
Heidelberg seems much nicer than both Stuttgart and Frankfurt, although the other are cheaper for hotels. Karlshrue is nice iirc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.