Liverpool thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then there's the Sky Broadcasting money(gifted to the big sky 4) which created a wealth gap between clubs, the likes of which didn't exist before.

I thought tv rights were split equally between premier league clubs. Is this not true?

Let's not mention the pics of them from not too long ago holding signs up at their own ground begging for some D.I.C... investment(Dubai "arab/oil money" :-O). "Yanks out Oil money in" or something like that was it? ;)

So what's your point? Clearly some fans want to win no matter how It's achieved...and having billions of pounds at your disposal will increase the chances of winning. Chelsea, man city and psg wouldn't have won titles without the money. Do you disagree? So obviously fans, including some Liverpool fans, will want investment too. Surely you can understand that?

Exactly....liverpool in that era when littlewoods propped them up, are no different to us right now. The only difference is the era it has happened, plus that our owners have actually improved both everything off and on the pitch

Ignorance from these haters is laughable

How did they prop us up? Genuine question. Did shankly and paisley win titles because of littlewoods money? Was the proportion of funding relative to other clubs back then the same disparity as Man City's is to the rest of the premier league?

Wow!

Their keeper is getting a severe beating in the press for that goal....

Oh wait, he plays for the dippers and it's ok as he's admitted he takes risks.
To be fair, I think I'd feel the change in temp from Rome to having to the shoulder the unrealistic hopes and dreams of a certain parts of Merseyside, the south east, sporadic Ireland, Scandinavia and Taiwan - different ball game ;-)

How did they prop us up? Genuine question. Did shankly and paisley win titles because of littlewoods money? Was the proportion of funding relative to other clubs back then the same disparity as Man City's is to the rest of the premier league?
To be fair to fellow Bluemooners (not myself I'm too passive), I think they have already answered this time and time again in pretty good detail.

Hows about, you do a bit of research and then factually shoot them down - if I was to venture on to another teams forum I would have my football year books to hand to substantiate my points (however I am a bit of a fanny and have only just started posting on here after reading the forum for plenty a year)...........

I thought tv rights were split equally between premier league clubs. Is this not true?
That's true today but not in the early days of the PL where the damage was done.

So what's your point? Clearly some fans want to win no matter how It's achieved...and having billions of pounds at your disposal will increase the chances of winning. Chelsea, man city and psg wouldn't have won titles without the money. Do you disagree? So obviously fans, including some Liverpool fans, will want investment too. Surely you can understand that?
What do you mean what's my point? So you're defending hypocrisy now?(I'd like to say I'm surprised but you're a typical dipper) I hope you realise that is the very definition of hypocrisy and means you should shut the fuck up pretending you are above it when a large majority of your fan base(I suspect yourself included by the way you defend it) would be all over it given the chance. "Surely you can understand" what's wrong with that attitude? You're lot resorting to harping on about human rights in the middle east after begging for Dubai money in droves is pathetic. You're above nothing, it's empty posturing, jealousy and bile.

Let's also get it right that we spend our own money these days pal and have done for years, we're not "bankrolled" we had investment to get us here(you had it too just in a different era as you've just learned today by the looks of it) but we've grown our commercial side over the years fair and square(the fastest growing revenue in world football last I checked).

You're also forgetting YOU(Liverpool) wouldn't be challenging at all without being able to decimate Southampton's squad twice over by cherry picking their key players and you were only able to do that because you have more money than them. You wouldn't be favourites to challenge this season without the £110m you spent in Jan alone last season for two players, and £170m this summer blowing away what the rest of the top 6 spent. Let me guess you have an excuse for that "it's net spend la, it's still Coutinho money, so that means we've haven't spent to try and win... we do things different la".

So I ask you where would Liverpool be without all that money they've spent starting in the Brodger's era? Struggling to finish above Everton?

Last edited:
To be fair to fellow Bluemooners (not myself I'm too passive), I think they have already answered this time and time again in pretty good detail.

Hows about, you do a bit of research and then factually shoot them down - if I was to venture on to another teams forum I would have my football year books to hand to substantiate my points (however I am a bit of a fanny and have only just started posting on here after reading the forum for plenty a year)...........

I tried Google but couldn't find anything. Any tips what you search for? I tried "littlewoods Liverpool".

I tried Google but couldn't find anything. Any tips what you search for? I tried "littlewoods Liverpool".
Try "Liverpool FC Pools Money" and reassess your whole high and mighty outlook because it's bullshit.

You'll get plenty of hits, here's an example:

So why do liverpool fans compare about Chelsea and manchester city? Yo, i'm an Athletico Madrid fan but i been looking into this.

Liverpools most successful period was 20 odd year period from the mid 60s thanks in no small part to the cash from the Moores family generated by the then popular Littlewoods Football Pools which the Moores family owned, the Moores family were the majority share holders in Liverpool FC at the time, which enabled them to buy the best players of the day. In fact they paid 2 then English record fees for players and for the time paid fortunes no one else could afford. "King" Kenny Dalglish cost a then record £440,000 from Celtic (though presumably this wasnt seen as Kenny betraying Celtic at the time as it now is with Torres wishing to join a club where he has more chance of success? Not Mercenary at all eh?), they paid £350,000 for Souness and £330,000 for Alan Kennedy again these were up near the English leagues record fees paid at that time.

Other notable players they splashed big money on back then were, Alan Hanson, John Toshack, Ray Kennedy, Phil Neal, Joey Jones and Emlyn Hughes

Liverpool used to be a great club in a great city with a very successful team and two great managers.Now they are a poorly run club in a run down stadium in a busted city with a young unproven manager and a very poor squad of players who haven't won the league for 21 years and may not win it in the next 21.

It's probably on a wiki somewhere but he/she has done a decent summary of it there by the looks of it.

Last edited:
From RAWK

Brain washed cult deluded f***ers.

Yesterday.

Oof totally, sorry, edited:

Lads lads can we not just agree that Manchester City are a ghastly manufactured soulless reinvention of an institution once beloved by a few thousand people living off exit 3 of the M602 whose success is not worth anything and that the world would be better if they, PSG, Red Bull Salzburg and Chelsea would all fuck off the face of the planet permanently?

Coming from a supporter of a club who have just spent £170mill on players.

And a stadium full of plastics, day trippers, tourists and Norwegians.

Why bother going on there? I couldn’t care less what fans of Liverpool, United and Arsenal think. The rest of the country detests fans of the three red bastards.

Stuck up ****s who’s mediocrity is now hilarious.

City and Chelsea's record attendances are 20,000 more than Liverpool’s - who’s is behind fucking Huddersfield Town.

We won the FA Cup 50 years before the twats.

That's true today but not in the early days of the PL where the damage was done.

What do you mean what's my point? So you're defending hypocrisy now?(I'd like to say I'm surprised but you're a typical dipper) I hope you realise that is the very definition of hypocrisy and means you should shut the fuck up pretending you are above it when a large majority of your fan base(I suspect yourself included by the way you defend it) would be all over it given the chance. "Surely you can understand" what's wrong with that attitude? You're lot resorting to harping on about human rights in the middle east after begging for Dubai money in droves is pathetic. You're above nothing, it's empty posturing, jealousy and bile.

Let's also get it right that we spend our own money these days pal and have done for years, we're not "bankrolled" we had investment to get us here(you had it too just in a different era as you've just learned today by the looks of it) but we've grown our commercial side over the years fair and square(the fastest growing revenue in world football last I checked).

You're also forgetting YOU(Liverpool) wouldn't be challenging at all without being able to decimate Southampton's squad twice over by cherry picking their key players and you were only able to do that because you have more money than them. You wouldn't be favourites to challenge this season without the £110m you spent in Jan alone last season for two players, and £170m this summer blowing away what the rest of the top 6 spent. Let me guess you have an excuse for that "it's net spend la, it's still Coutinho money, so that means we've haven't spent to try and win... we do things different la".

So I ask you where would Liverpool be without all that money they've spent starting in the Brodger's era? Struggling to finish above Everton?

Hahaha what on earth is this rant? And yes clearly we used the coutinho money to spend big. There's nothing wrong with spending money. Never said there was. The contention was always how that money comes about in the first place. Despite hating man utd i would never argue that their spending is not right. That's because they earned it. Either through player sales, stadium tickets, global fan base etc...that's their source. Same for us - our net spend since klopp has been here is pretty average. That means we have reinvested player sales well. There's a difference between using player sales to buy new players vs bankrolled external helicopter money. Also if i accept your assertion that PL rights were split more in favor of the top teams back in the day...again that's because those top teams were more popular. Increased relative popularity means their matches are worth more. Similar to saying the biggest clubs get more money from ticket and shirt sales.

I'm afraid you can try insult me all you like but i don't think it will make you feel better. You have a lot of irrational hate inside. Relax a bit and enjoy the football.

I’m very worried by their start.

Two really good away wins at difficult places and their Achilles heel of a defence seems to be fixed.

I’m also worried by their very tricky CL draw which conceivably could see them exit at the group stage giving them a free run at the title

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.