Sterling’s contract - three year extension confirmed

At first I wasn’t one to pay him the same as kdb I’m coming around to we should like you put he makes the difference in games more than most. Finding the equivalent age wise home grown as well will cost more in the long run than paying him the kdb wages.
That is all I am saying buddy.
Its not an issue about whether he is deserving or not, or whether the club are being bent over by him or his agent.
It boils down two or three issues for me really.
1/Has or does Sterling continue to have an influential impact on our games - I would say yes, if he aint scoring he is creating or assisting and has been doing so over a lengthy period of time.
2/ Will his potential sale hurt us footballing wise - I would say yes again for the exact same reason you have outlined above, how on earth do we replace the little fucker, and if we ca how much would it cost?
3/ Any sale of Sterling before City are ready, impacts on the status of the club and how it is is perceived nationally and globally.
City arent anymore a selling club and in recent years dont get bullied are manipulated by other clubs into selling are crown jewels.
To allow it to happen would send out the wrong message that City arent as big a club as they think, because big clubs do whatever it takes and keep their key players at the club for as long as they need despite the annual irritation from agents or the player about their personal terms.

Prime example being Ronaldo's on/off love affair with Madrid for the best part of several years.

Despite him being a c$nt with them every few years around personal terms it paid off for Madrid in the long run.

City can of course walk away from the negotiating table and sell him but they will be doing so having generated more problems than they have resolved.

That is all I am saying buddy.
Its not an issue about whether he is deserving or not, or whether the club are being bent over by him or his agent.
It boils down two or three issues for me really.
1/Has or does Sterling continue to have an influential impact on our games - I would say yes, if he aint scoring he is creating or assisting and has been doing so over a lengthy period of time.
2/ Will his potential sale hurt us footballing wise - I would say yes again for the exact same reason you have outlined above, how on earth do we replace the little fucker, and if we ca how much would it cost?
3/ Any sale of Sterling before City are ready, impacts on the status of the club and how it is is perceived nationally and globally.
City arent anymore a selling club and in recent years dont get bullied are manipulated by other clubs into selling are crown jewels.
To allow it to happen would send out the wrong message that City arent as big a club as they think, because big clubs do whatever it takes and keep their key players at the club for as long as they need despite the annual irritation from agents or the player about their personal terms.

Prime example being Ronaldo's on/off love affair with Madrid for the best part of several years.

Despite him being a c$nt with them every few years around personal terms it paid off for Madrid in the long run.

City can of course walk away from the negotiating table and sell him but they will be doing so having generated more problems than they have resolved.
Do you agree we will offer sterling what we think his value is, not his own valuation ?

Hahahaha! Not a chance!

Khaldoon isn’t going to let a top player get into the last year of his contract without a new one signed, sealed and delivered.

If Raheem thinks the grass is greener elsewhere, good luck to him. If he thinks he will get more game time, win more things, and get paid more than he does here, good luck to him. It’s a short career and he should strike while the iron is hot. However, to suggest City are going to either no end over for him, or sit idly by and watch a £50-80M player walk away for nowt, boggles the mind, even fo
Where do you come up with that?

Logic!

The closer Sterlings contract comes to its end the less bargaining power City has in terms of a take or leave it to the buying club.
The player and agent can indicate that they think the buying clubs offer is a good one and unless City take it they are prepared to run down the contract.
Alternatiuvely or equally the buying club in knowing the above can offer well under a realistic offer knowing that City's hands are tied as they have a player who does not want to play for the club and will be prepared to run down his contract.
A bit like City with Sanchez last year but he ended up going to United for next to nothing of his actual transfer price.
As i said logic!

Do you agree we will offer sterling what we think his value is, not his own valuation ?
Yes I do agree with what your saying but the word is compromise, City need to fee that hey ate getting a deal as will Sterling and his people.
Its arguable whether one thinks hes with and others dont but from my recollection of the past 12 to 14 months, he has a fair shout in relation to why he feels he should be getting De Bruyne monies.
Deep down to be really honest I could not give a shit as the lad is rich enough and in reality where not talking a hard luck, needs a break, its so unfair kind of story if he doesn't get the salary bump up he wants.
My view on this matter is solely based on, if we sell Sterling at this stage does it hurt us and I think it does.

Yes I do agree with what your saying but the word is compromise, City need to fee that hey ate getting a deal as will Sterling and his people.
Its arguable whether one thinks hes with and others dont but from my recollection of the past 12 to 14 months, he has a fair shout in relation to why he feels he should be getting De Bruyne monies.
Deep down to be really honest I could not give a shit as the lad is rich enough and in reality where not talking a hard luck, needs a break, its so unfair kind of story if he doesn't get the salary bump up he wants.
My view on this matter is solely based on, if we sell Sterling at this stage does it hurt us and I think it does.
I am probably a little more ruthless in that, will we achieve our goals with or without him, and for me the answer is yes. Our owners will naturally like Sterling on board but they will not (imo), be held to ransom if they feel his demands are extortionate

Logic!

The closer Sterlings contract comes to its end the less bargaining power City has in terms of a take or leave it to the buying club.
The player and agent can indicate that they think the buying clubs offer is a good one and unless City take it they are prepared to run down the contract.
Alternatiuvely or equally the buying club in knowing the above can offer well under a realistic offer knowing that City's hands are tied as they have a player who does not want to play for the club and will be prepared to run down his contract.
A bit like City with Sanchez last year but he ended up going to United for next to nothing of his actual transfer price.
As i said logic!

What are you talking about, logic? You're making up how much money Sterling wants. Your logic is based on what you have read on line.
My logic says that it's a load of made up bullshit.

I am probably a little more ruthless in that, will we achieve our goals with or without him, and for me the answer is yes. Our owners will naturally like Sterling on board but they will not (imo), be held to ransom if they feel his demands are extortionate
True. I agree they won't let him take the piss. I'm hopeful, optimistic even that they'll sort it out.

What are you talking about, logic? You're making up how much money Sterling wants. Your logic is based on what you have read on line.
My logic says that it's a load of made up bullshit.
This really isn't hard!
My logic isn't just based on information available to all of us, no doubt leaked by both parties. It is based on seeing this dance played out involving numerous players and clubs for over 20 years. My logic is also based information aviable us all about certain factors that have an influence on how these matters progress. Please watch below if you need any further clarity about what is underpinning my logic that Sterling and his agent have a strong or upperhand in this matter.

This really isn't hard!
My logic isn't just based on information available to all of us, no doubt leaked by both parties. It is based on seeing this dance played out involving numerous players and clubs for over 20 years. My logic is also based information aviable us all about certain factors that have an influence on how these matters progress. Please watch below if you need any further clarity about what is underpinning my logic that Sterling and his agent have a strong or upperhand in this matter.

I wasn't asking you about your logic that sterling and his agent have a strong or upper hand mate.
I was simply asking about the amount of money that you claim he is asking for.
Anyway, I'm not interested in an argument and I should have known better to ask.
I personally do not believe that he is asking for parity (or near to) with Kev.
Enjoy your day pal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.